Being Cheap is Easy: Summer fun: AMC lanes

Summer fun: AMC lanes

May 26, 2011

Want more info? Go here!

Hello! Since summer is (finally) coming upon us, I'm sure parents are looking for some fun activities!  There are SO many things going on, so I can't post everything...but I'll make sure to find some great ideas for you!

First up: AMC lanes Summer Unplugged.  

Although one of the best parts of summer is the warm weather, it is nice to have some indoor activities too.  Sometimes it's too hot!  I wish the girls were old enough to enjoy bowling.  I am tempted to try!

Here are the details:
  • Two free games of bowling per day for kids 16 and under. 
    • (Shoe rental not included, unfortunately...)
  • Time: open until 8:00PM, 7 days a week.
  • Dates: May 30 to September 5
  • To find chose your location, go to this link and complete a simple registration form
  • Each Sunday (starting May 29) you will be emailed coupons for the following week
  • For people over 17, if you have registered kids, you make a one-time payment of $27.95 for 2 games/day for up to 4 people for the summer!
They have even been nice enough to add some additional perks including $2.99 meals for kids.  If we can't take advantage of this deal this year, we will hopefully be able to next year.  This would be so great for a "family fun" night!  

If you know me, you know my level of athleticism is, well, a bit lacking.  I am proud to be the worst bowler.  I am one of those people who get better at sports with the help of a little "liquid courage".  That being said, this would be super fun for family time (minus the liquid courage, of course!)...I won't have to worry about frustrating team members when the twins are on my team!

I am picturing our first outing being something along the lines of Uncle Buck.  If you have no idea what Uncle Buck is, you might want to brush up on your 80s movies.  (You don't want to mess with me and my 80s/90s pop culture trivia, FYI!)

Do you have any big plans for the summer?!  What are you planning on doing on a hot night with the kids?  This is our first summer in Grand Rapids and we don't want to miss anything!! 



*NOTE: This is post was for One2One Network.  Although I was not compensated for this post and all opinions are my own,  I am entered in a contest for free gift cards.

2 comments:

Downing Delectables said...

Great idea, also Regal Cinema has $1 movies Tuesday and Wednesday during the summer, http://www.regmovies.com/summermovieexpress/

Unknown said...

Thank you! That is such a great deal. I wish we had some around here!

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS