Being Cheap is Easy: Spring cleaning? Use Freecycle!

Spring cleaning? Use Freecycle!

May 21, 2011

http://www.freecycle.org/
I know you have all heard of Craigslist, but I am loving Freecycle right now!  People post items they are giving away for FREE and all you have to do is email them back.  Most likely, you have one in your area.  Granted, most of the items being given away are probably not what you need/want, but you never know what will be posted.  I love that you can also post what you WANT to find.  For instance, we're looking for a jogging stroller (anyone have one?!), so we could put a wanted post up.  I've found baby books, unused baby items and other random things on there.  Here are some more perks:
  • Some of the post offer some form of entertainment.  You cannot imagine some things that people list.  When you sign up, make sure you remove the check mark for daily emails.  They sent out a TON of emails.
  • Have a larger item you don't feel like selling, but want to get rid of?  Freecycle it!  Instead of trying to haul it to Goodwill, someone will pick it up for you!
  • I have noticed a lot of people who are moving are posting great items that they just want to get rid of.  Instead of bothering with a garage sale, they are just posting freebies.  
You aren't allowed to resell items you find on here, unless otherwise posted.  I'm not sure how people would know, but its one of the main policies.  

Let me know what gems you have found on Freecycle!

3 comments:

Downing Delectables said...

I love freecycle. I got my daughter's car seat from there, also a fireplace kit.

Unknown said...

I am very addicted! I have found so many great items! I keep talking about it and not too many people have heard about it...they mostly still use Craigslist. Baby stuff seems to be the best...everyone is always eager to get rid of the clutter!

Marie D said...

OMG! Thanks Ashleigh. Im going to check this out now :)

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS