Being Cheap is Easy: Help! Is playing the drugstore game worth it?

Help! Is playing the drugstore game worth it?

May 17, 2011

Here's where I'm asking YOU for help! 

I know how to save at grocery stores and supercenters, but when it comes to drugstores I always shy away.  To me, I feel dealing with Extra Care Bucks and Register Rewards (basically money back after purchases) is so not worth the savings.  I would much rather have my savings instant.  I know that there are many ways out there to get super cheap items at drugstores, but I would like YOUR help to make it worth it. 


I've tried a few times to get diaper deals and it's just too frustrating to me.  Or I will get to the store and there is nothing in stock.  I would much rather go to Target and use coupons to save instantly. 

Anyone have any tips for me? Please help!

2 comments:

Mrs. Weber said...

I feel ya. It's such a game. I haven't had much luck with diapers anywhere for that matter...which reminds me, if you have any tips on the best ones for cheap that would be a fab thing to post about ;)

I do like drugstores for beauty items like make-up, toothpaste, body wash and shampoo. Generally I will split it into two transactions so I can use the rewards the same day. I've gotten some good deals this way. I also will wait until there's a sale and use with a coupon as well for even more savings. It definitely takes time to do the research though...

Unknown said...

I was thinking about doing a diaper post! My best deals seem to be at Target. Since you can combine the Target store coupons with manu. coupons, I always get great deals! Another quick tip would be to email to the companies. They send out GREAT coupons. I just wrote about an issue with the pullups and I got 2 $10 off coupons!

Im going to try Rite Aid this week for a few deals (Purex for 0.97!), we'll see how it goes! It DOES take a lot of research!

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS