Being Cheap is Easy: Mmmm Mondays: Asian chopped salad

Mmmm Mondays: Asian chopped salad

May 16, 2011

I love this time of year for many reasons.  Now that we have a patio, I'm adding grilling to my list.  We have definitely gotten our money's worth with our grill so far.   This recipe can be grilled outside, or simply on a Foreman or pan inside.  Asian salads are pretty popular at restaurants and this is my healthier version.  Enjoy!

The photo doesn't do this salad justice, its so yummy!

Ingredients
  • Chicken breast marinaded in teriyaki (or simply grilled if you are short on time)
  • Chopped veggies: (take out what you dislike)
    • Romaine lettuce
    • Red peppers
    • Carrots
    • Cucumbers
    • Green onions
    • Peapods
  •  Dressing- Newman's Own lowfat Sesame Ginger is ammmazing!
  • Crunchies- almonds, chow mein noodles, sesame sticks.  
    • They are conveniently all together in the Marzettis Asian Sesame mix...I was so happy to find this! (There are coupons out there, of course! It also goes on sale a lot)
How to put it all together:
  1. Grill the chicken.  I usually marinade it overnight and MAKE EXTRA!  I use this chicken for the next few days for stir-fry and salads.  I've tried most of the Asian marinades out there and they all seem to be great.  Go for anything you have on hand!
  2. Chop the salad veggies.  Once again MAKE EXTRA.  This is a basic mix and without dressing you can have ready made salads for a few days.  
  3. Toss together with dressing, top with sliced grilled chicken and finish with the crunchies.
This salad is super quick and a great light warm weather meal!

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Mrs. Weber said...

Yummy! Sounds good.

Unknown said...

I always make a ton of the salad mix for lunch the next day. I cant stop eating it! I was mad I was out of mandarin oranges (I sometimes add those) and the mango was delish.

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS