Being Cheap is Easy: Going to a BBQ or party?

Going to a BBQ or party?

May 29, 2011

I'm getting huge!
I hope everyone is enjoying their holiday weekend!  I am trying to relax and enjoy one of my last quiet weekends before the baby comes (which could be any day now!). Okay, it isn't very quiet with the twins around, but you know what I mean.

The last thing you want to be is stressed for this weekend, so I thought I would point you to some great recipes for any party you may have to attend.  I made my sangria yesterday and there was barely any left out of 3L!  Here are my favorite dishes to pass.
  1. Easy sangria.  You don't have to let the fruit "marinade" if you are making it quickly, it will be just as tasty!
  2. Guacamole.  Make it with or without peas for a tasty treat with chips.  Who doesn't love a salty snack with cocktails?  TIP: leave one avocado pit in the guac to keep it from browning if you are making it ahead!
  3. Turkey burgers.  They are just as fast to make up as regular burgers and a little bit better on the waistline. 
  4. Pulled pork. If you have a party tomorrow, start this slow cooker pulled pork today and all you have to do is take the cooker with you!  This is my go-to recipe and it is perfect with Hawaiian rolls or mini buns.  I usually add a bit more BBQ sauce to it.  (Sweet Baby Rays or Open Pit are my favorite)
  5. Frozen drinks.  If you are in a rush, go to the store and by the Bacardi mixers pina colada, rum runner or fuzzy navel.  Add some (cheap) rum and a blender and you are all set.  Any variety from the Bacardi brand is amazing.  Add fresh fruit for an extra treat!
Enjoy your weekend everyone!

These drinks are all I'm craving now!
Anyone have any favorite dishes they like to pass?  I would love some new recipes for my binder, especially summer frozen drinks!

2 comments:

Mrs. Weber said...

Love this! I am totally bookmarking for the easy sangria recipe. Thanks for sharing. And you look fab - can't wait to see pics of the new little one :)

Unknown said...

Thank you! Hopefully she will be here anytime...I'm getting antsy! The sangria recipe is great because you can always improvise with it...also, Crystal Lite is ALWAYS super cheap at Meijer. I used peach vodka last weekend and it was so good.

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS