Being Cheap is Easy: Quick tip: how to keep greens fresh

Quick tip: how to keep greens fresh

May 17, 2011

As I've said before, we fly through produce.  Since we buy so much, I have quickly learned how to save everything so it stays fresh and tasty as long as possible.  My one tip for most items: a slightly damp paper towel.  I just take a paper towel and flick it with some water from the faucet.  You don't want it soaked, just enough to make it damp.  This little item will save your greens so much!
  • Wrap it around green onions to keep them crispy.  Store in a baggy or the produce bag from the store.
  • Top salad mix containers or bags with the paper towel to keep lettuce from getting brown or wilting
  • Wrap herbs and store in a baggy to keep fresh much longer
That's all for now!  Enjoy your day!

2 comments:

Mrs. Weber said...

Great tip - I've never heard of doing this, so I will definitely give it a shot!

Unknown said...

I learned about it a year or so ago and we have had so much less waste! It's crazy how something so simple works so well!

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS