Being Cheap is Easy: FREE Scholastic Books from Kellogg's! #Back2SchoolReady

FREE Scholastic Books from Kellogg's! #Back2SchoolReady

August 04, 2015

Disclaimer: This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #Back2SchoolReady #CollectiveBias 
#Back2SchoolReady, Scholastic Books, Free Books, Walmart, KFR, Kelloggs Family Rewards, Back to School

My twins have been reading for almost a year now and they are HUGE book worms.  I love it, since I am such a huge reader. We have an assortment of read out-loud books, early readers and bedtime favorites for our family.  Books can be expensive, though! This back-to-school season, Kellogg's wants to help you build up your library with FREE Scholastic books.  You can also donate your books--they'll mail them right to your school!

#Back2SchoolReady, Scholastic Books, Free Books, Walmart, KFR, Kelloggs Family Rewards, Back to School

The minute I heard about this deal, I had to get the scoop. I figured I would have to buy 5 items to get one book.  I was pleased to find out the deal is ONE CODE for one book! They have specially marked boxes on Kellogg's products and you simply enter the code online and choose your books. I give Kellogg's a huge high five for this deal.  
#Back2SchoolReady, Scholastic Books, Free Books, Walmart, KFR, Kelloggs Family Rewards, Back to School

To save time, I decided to try ordering online on the Walmart.com website. The prices were the same in store and I was able to get free shipping, it was a total win-win! The items arrived in less than a week and we were able to pick our books from the emailed receipt. Once you place your order, you have 14 days to upload your receipt for free books. You can shop and redeem for online orders until 9/11/15.

Note: you have to be a Kellogg's Family Rewards member to get the free books. It's a super simple sign up process and I love their high value coupons. You can cash out your points for gift cards and other goodies, too.
#Back2SchoolReady, Scholastic Books, Free Books, Walmart, KFR, Kelloggs Family Rewards, Back to School

On the website, there are different reading levels of books to search by and quite a selection, also a few ebooks. I spotted a few Baby-Sitters Club books and I got SUPER excited--those were my favorite growing up!  There is a limit to 30 books per family, but if you spread the word, others can help build up your library! Best part: all orders ship for FREE. They said expect 6-8 weeks for delivery, but all of our orders in the past have been much faster!

For our first order, I donated them to our school. I figured everyone could enjoy the books!  It was a very simple process, just search by state and city and they send the books right to the school.  The books will be sent in a specially marked envelope with your family name as the donor.
#Back2SchoolReady, Scholastic Books, Free Books, Walmart, KFR, Kelloggs Family Rewards, Back to School
The specially marked Kellogg's boxes are easy to spot in-store...especially with my twins' eagle eyes! I had the girls help me find some and Gabby actually spotted the Eggo box before I did. After using the product, be sure to grab the free book code from the INSIDE of the box before recycling! You have until March to enter your codes, so no need to use the products up right away--they're fine in your pantry or freezer.
#Back2SchoolReady, Scholastic Books, Free Books, Walmart, KFR, Kelloggs Family Rewards, Back to School

Be sure to check out more books available via this Kellogg's offer at http://cbi.as/gfgc. I'd love to hear your favorite book offered! #Back2SchoolReady

16 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great way to get free books! #client

Liz Parker said...

Great initiative from Scholastic! I too am a big reader (obviously ... I have my book blog, lol) and when I have kids I'm hoping to pass that on to them.

Jenn said...

Wow, great tips. I'm going to pass these ideas on to my daughter. I know our granddaughter takes a snack with her everyday to school.

Tamara Ford said...

This is just awesome. I'll be sure to share this with the other bookworms I know. I love books myself so I'd probably take part if I didn't have a love hate relationship with carbs. Thanks for sharing!

GeekDad248 said...

Great promo - if you don't have kids who can benefit I'm sure local schools would always appreciate your participating and donating the books for them to use like it was mentioned in the post.

Ron Leyba said...

This is truly awesome indeed! Kudos Kellogs for doing such great deed!

Becki said...

We are definitely a reading family too! Thanks for sharing this great info for free books :)

Unknown said...

It's actually all Kellogg's...Scholastic isn't sponsoring it at all. We love Scholastic books--they have a warehouse by us and we stock up during their sale each year. You'll be shocked when you do have kids and see how many families DON'T read together. It's quite sad!

Unknown said...

Nutrigrain bars are great snacks to take in--we usually grab some when they're on sale!

Unknown said...

Thank you for spreading the word! I know how you feel about carbs! Ahh, to be young and carefree again :)

Unknown said...

Exactly! I'm hoping to spread the word to the community about this deal. Our schools really could use some new books!

Unknown said...

Yay! I love to hear about families who read. It's really shocking how many people never pick up a book!

Unknown said...

Great info. Pinned!

Diana of Diana Rambles said...

My daughter loves books so we need to check this out!!

Michelle said...

I love that there are books like this available. SUCH a great idea and what a great value. I haven't done my stocking up lately, but I think I know where I'm headed!

Blanca De Dios said...

This is a great campaign! books are always awesome!

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS