Being Cheap is Easy: How to stay organized

How to stay organized

April 22, 2011

I thought I would re-post this for any new readers!

Everyone organizes their coupons differently.  I've tried many ways- envelopes, the "no-clip" way, etc- and I have found the small accordion binder to be the best route.  Obviously, do what is best for you!  I thought I would bring this up now that it is back-to-school season and you will find many deals on organizers.  My favorite is available in the dollar section at Target.  Whenever they go to 50% off, I stock up.  They are pretty durable, but they do need to be replaced every 6 months or so.

Check these out in fun colors at Target.  Gotta love the Dollar section!


Everyone has their own way to shop, but here is a little example of the categories I use.  By the way, I have 3 of these things.  I look like a crazy lady, Im sure!  I have one for baby, one for groceries and one for expired coupons (some stores accept them: Cub is my favorite).
The titles are bit hard to read, but there 13 different tabs to organize.  So perfect!
Here are the categories I use:  
  1. Meat
  2. Fridge/Dairy
  3. Freezer
  4. Household- Cleaning supplies, etc
  5. Beauty- Makeup, body wash
  6. Health- Medicine, toothpaste
  7. Snacks
  8. Cereal/Breakfast
  9. Etc- Coffee, bread and anything else random fits here
  10. Pasta/Rice
  11. Store Coupons- Target or grocery coupons
  12. Dressings/Condiments
  13. Canned/Ethnic
Pretty basic!  This way is cheap and easy to organize!

How do you organize your coupons?  I feel like my system isn't working for me now that I have so many more coupons!

4 comments:

Beth said...

Love this blog, ya know! I am going to get some of those organizers and start learning from you!!!

Unknown said...

Great!! I'm excited to discover new deals and stores in GR. I will have to completely renew my shopping routine.

Anonymous said...

Hi Ashleigh! Found you over at bloggy moms as a fellow Michigan blogger. Love your site! Glad you posted this - my coupons are nuts right now and I love your category suggestions. Thanks for the helpful tip :)

Unknown said...

Hello!! Thank you! My coupons are crazy right now too....I felt posting this would get me motivated to fix my mess.

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS