Being Cheap is Easy: Why I love Aldi...

Why I love Aldi...

April 11, 2011

I thought I would re-post this, since I truly love Aldi that much! 


For some reason I feel Aldi has a bad reputation, but there are some really great reasons to shop there.  Their prices on produce and dairy cant be beat and their Fit n' Active brand has some great healthy products.  The only downfall is that their prices and stock is not always consistent.  When I'm grocery shopping, I tend to go there first, just in case they are out of something for the day.  Also, you have to bring your own bags or purchase them there (or find big boxes).  Here are some great products to buy at Aldi and discount prices:
  1. Baking supplies: flour, sugar, vanilla, oil are always in stock and they have great prices, especially around the holidays.
  2. Frozen Foods: boneless chicken breasts, frozen veggies, whole frozen chickens, fruit (great in smoothies), chicken fingers, potstickers... the list could go on.  They have a great freezer department, epecially the Fit n Active products
  3. Pantry staples: rice, chicken stock (especially in the cartons), tortillas, canned beans, green chiles etc
  4. Produce: seasonal produce is unpredictable, but anything in stock is always really fresh and at great prices
  5. Dairy: cheese, milk, eggs, yogurt
If you aren't already a shopper, I would check it out.  If you are looking to save some money, its worth at least one trip!

3 comments:

Jen @ BigBinder said...

Oh yeah! I don't go very often but they have a fake Nutella that is awesome, and also this peach tea that is just like the stuff from Cost Plus World Market - but for like $2.50 instead of $9.00. I need to go!!

Anonymous said...

I love their Raw Almonds, frozen corn, fresh tasting milk, Fruit and grain bars, sugar free preserves, fit n active chicken broth carton, fit n active turkey dogs..... my list could go on! That is ho I came upon your blog!

Unknown said...

Thanks for checking it out :) Don't you love when you find a new product when you are shopping there? I'm such a geek, I was excited because they had sandwich thins last time we were there. Such a great store!

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS