Being Cheap is Easy: CD Review: Chris Mann

CD Review: Chris Mann

November 16, 2012

I think I am one of the only people who doesn't love The Voice.  I'm actually surprised I don't watch it, since I love Christina and Adam.  Recently, I watched an episode when there was nothing else on and I did enjoy it!

Last season, Chris Mann was on the show and he has a new CD out, Roads.  I like to listen to all types of music, so I signed up to listen to and review.  Since I had only heard his name, I checked out some  YouTube videos and was impressed. 

This CD has covers of older and newer songs.  I was excited to hear "Blower's Daughter" with Christina Aguilera because I love Damien Rice.

I will be honest, this CD is not really my favorite.  I really liked his voice in other videos I watched, but I feel that he was holding back on Roads.  Mann's songs were all soft and mellow, they all kind of blended together. 

Also, I felt he should have been a bit more inventive with his song choices.  I have heard too many covers of "My Way" or "Always on My Mind".  I would have liked to hear more modern covers, like his "Viva la Vida" by Coldplay choice.  When I searched on YouTube, I saw him cover "Heartless" by Kanye West.  Something like that would have been much more exciting to hear.

I think Roads would be great to put on for background music at a dinner party or to listen to in the car.

Are you a Chris Mann fan? 






Disclosure: I was sent a copy of this CD by One2One Network, but all opinions are my own! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS