Being Cheap is Easy: Simply Suzanne Granola: corn muffin waffles

Simply Suzanne Granola: corn muffin waffles

November 05, 2012



I have been addicted to granola for a few months now.  Although I love a good fruit and yogurt parfait, I have been looking for some new ways to use granola.  This recipe is a perfect way to add some variety to your granola.  Granola + corn muffins = a perfect combo!  Taking it one step further, I made the corn muffin mix in my waffle maker.  So much faster and you can cut them into cute little dipper sticks!

Here's the easy recipe!
  • 1 box of Jiffy corn muffin mix (also a Michigan brand!)
  • 3/4 cup Simply Suzanne Original granola
  • 1 egg
  • 1/3 cup milk
  • 1 tablespoon chopped jalapenos (or 1/4 green pepper, chopped finely)
  • 1/2 teaspoon Cajun spice
  • 1 teaspoon Chili powder
  • 3/4 cup cheddar cheese (or your favorite!)
  • Few dashes of hot sauce
  • Salt, to taste
  1. Heat up your waffle maker and spray with some Pam.  I use setting 3, or whatever is in the middle.  
    • Note: To make regular muffins, preheat oven at 400
  2. Combine all ingredients and pour into hot waffle maker.  So quick and easy!  My maker beeps, but they take about 5-6 minutes.  Just keep your eye on them.
    • For oven, bake for 15 minutes!
Recipe is derived from one sent to me by Simply Suzanne with some granola to taste.

These corn muffin waffles can be paired with some chili or, as we did yesterday, with Cajun food.  I have a recipe coming up later for my super easy Cajun bowl (Jambo, as I like to call it).
Check out the website!
Simply Suzanne granola is a Michigan company that makes amazing granola (duh!).  I received the Original variety to sample, but since we have purchased two other varieties: Very Cherry and Lotsa Chocolate.  It's very easy to find at Meijer and other local stores...usually in the natural or organic section.   Best part? It's super affordable, compared to other national brands. 

What do you like to do with your granola?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS