Being Cheap is Easy: Mmmmm Mondays: Naan pizza

Mmmmm Mondays: Naan pizza

March 21, 2011

Its Monday!  That means its time for a new recipe!

I always find Naan in the discount section of the bakery.  Even if it is not discounted, its still usually under $2 for two slices. Its a flatbread which can be used in many ways.  I love to heat it up and dip it in hummus, or soup.  It freezes great for up to 3 months.  My new favorite quick recipe is for pizza!  It turns out super crisp and its ready in less than 20 minutes.  Also, you can put whatever toppings you want since they are almost individual sized.  This variation is the girls favorite.

Pepperoni & Basil Naan Pizza

I don't really have a recipe, since I just throw whatever is available on the crust at the time.  This variation includes:
  • Philadelphia Cooking Creme in Italian Herb (there are coupons everywhere for this, I had to try it)
  • Mozzarella Cheese
  • Basil
  • Pepperoni
The cooking creme replaces a red sauce, but that is great also.  Just be creative!  This same pizza with tomato instead of pepperoni is amazing too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS