Being Cheap is Easy: Mmmm Mondays: Grill "Paninis"

Mmmm Mondays: Grill "Paninis"

March 29, 2011

Okay, so it's more like "Mmmm Tuesday" right now.  I kind of lost track of my days, as usual!


This might be a total no brainer for everyone else, but for some reason I had a huge "a-ha!" moment last week.  Since we live in an apartment, our kitchen is suuuper small.  We have a lot of appliances as is, so a panini press is not really a reasonable purchase, even though I love pressed sammies.  Until recently, I used a smaller pan on top with heavy cans to "press" my sandwiches.  It worked, but it was a huge hassle.  Then I had my "a-ha" moment: use the Forman grill!  It works perfectly to press and make the bread crunchy.  Does anyone else do this? 



Okay, so I won't win the award for Best Foodie Photographer...I'm trying!


The first I made was a Chicken Avocado Sandwich.

Ingredients:
  • Grilled Chicken tenders- put grill seasoning or Mrs.Dash- I like the Fiesta Lime for this one
  • Provalone Cheese
  • Spinach & whatever veggies you like
  • Avocado slices
  • Spicy ranch or mayo- try the Southwest ranch dip you find in produce section.  So good!
  • Sandwich roll or hamburger bun. 
Put it all together and press.  No need to butter the bun!  This sandwich was so good, Ricky asked for another one the next day!

Other good combinations:
  1. Tuna melt
  2. Chicken w/ Italian seasoning, basil, tomato and mozzarella
  3. Turkey Reuben: cole slaw, turkey, swiss and Thousand Island

Be creative!  Try this out and tell me what you think! What good combinations can you think of?

2 comments:

lovejoy_31 said...

The sandwich looks so good. Following from Bloggy Moms. Follow me at:

A Joyful Life
http://ajoy-fullife.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Thank you for checking my blog out! I'm following you now. :)

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS