Being Cheap is Easy: Quick and easy ABC soup

Quick and easy ABC soup

September 22, 2012

Sorry I've been a bit MIA lately!  It's been kind of crazy around here.   The twins have started some new activities (playgroup, gymnastics) and I feel like we are running around non-stop.  I like keeping them busy, otherwise we get too stir crazy!  Gabby is also walking now....eek!

I have my first blogging conference next week, which I have been preparing for.  Cannot wait to meet some new people and do some networking for this little old blog I have here!

Also, we've all been sick!  I'm not sure if it's just a bug going around or something stemming from our allergies.  It hasn't been fun! I can't even wear my contacts anymore.

When you aren't feeling well, there is nothing better than a bowl of hot chicken noodle soup.  Growing up, I always had Mrs. Grass' soup.  How can you not love a soup that gives you that fun little broth nugget to toss in?

For some reason, the girls don't really like canned or boxed soup.  I guess it's good they like my cooking!  This time of year, I make sure to whip up a batch or two of soup to put in the freezer.

Our new favorite?  Chicken ABC soup.  Yummy and they are learning while they slurp.

Best part?  Super quick and easy!





Here's what you need:

Let's make some soup!
  1. Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a soup pot. Add veggies to a large soup pot and cook until tender (3-5 minutes).
  2. Add entire box of stock and noodles.  Bring to a boil.
  3. Once boiling, add chicken tenders whole.  I like to poach them in the liquid to cook, then shred later.  You can chop beforehand, also.
  4. Cook 15-20 minutes! 
I like to freeze in 1 cup portions for when needed!  Yes, it takes a bit longer than just opening up a can of soup, but it tastes 100 times better!






What is your favorite soup recipe?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS