Being Cheap is Easy: Our sad sad family room

Our sad sad family room

September 04, 2012

We have been in our house for almost a year now.  Slowly, but surely we are making it more of a home.  Last month, we finally painted our bedroom.  Yes, we still have frames without pictures, but I am happy with our progress...upstairs.

Our basement family room is another thing.  It's used as a toy room, office and TV area and it's a great space.  We just have no clue what to do with it!  There is awful blue carpet and drop ceiling.  Despite it's few flaws, it does have a great layout and closet space. 

If we had an expert help us out (ahem, Mandi!), this room could be a comfy room for our family to relax in.  I want something with a pop of color, yet also kid friendly. 

The whole reason for this post is because Mandi at Vintage Revivals is hosting an amazing room makeover contest. Of all people to re-do our home, I would feel most comfortable with Mandi!  I love her great pops of color and she knows how to make a space functional.  Plus she has kids, so there is an understanding of how important safety and storage space is. 

Here's what we are working with.  I decided to leave the toys out to show what our family room typically looks like in the afternoon. 





This room has some major potential.  Get ready to vote for us and keep your fingers (and toes!) crossed.  Woohoo!  



6 comments:

Mrs. Weber said...

This totally looks like our playroom/office! We even have that same plastic kitchen :)

Hope you win!!!

Mandi @ Vintage Revivals said...

Ash! Thank you so much for entering! You are wonderful and your daughter is seriously adorable!! Good luck!!

Love your guts
mandi

Unknown said...

It's so hard to keep things clean with kiddos around! FYI: I love that kitchen! The girls had another one and this was a hand-me-down. Much better because they can feed their dollies! Thanks for the luck...I have my fingers crossed!

Unknown said...

Thank you! I hope I can meet you soon...FYI, a brand spankin new HomeGoods opens here this month. I've never been.

Danielle said...

I hope you win! Good Luck!!

Unknown said...

Thank you SO much!

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS