Being Cheap is Easy: DIY face mask: use up those cucumbers!

DIY face mask: use up those cucumbers!

September 23, 2012


Our garden isn't doing very well.  I was super excited about the tomato plants, but something happened and we only got 10 out of all 6 plants.  We are going to need to investigate the issue for next year!  Anyone know anything about tomatoes with cracks in them?  Help!

We were successful with our cucumbers though!  We still have so many cucumbers to use up.  I've made pickles, salads and now I am looking for other uses.   I was browsing one of my magazines and I saw a simple face mask.  Perfecto!

I whipped this up in 2 minutes and the girls and I turned into monsters.  Anytime I use a face mask, I turn into a "monster".  Makes sense, especially since my normal mask is green.  

Of course, I didn't get a pic of the girls in time...but Olivia took one of me!  She is our future photographer.  

The cucumbers make this mask so cooling and refreshing.  I am obsessed!

Here's what you need:
  • 1/2 cucumber, peeled
  • 1 cup of oatmeal
Mix it up in a blender.  If it's too thick, add more cucumber...if it's too thin, add more oatmeal.  I mix this up in my Magic Bullet (obsessed!!) and it will keep in the fridge for 2-3 days.


Might as well do a mani-pedi while you're at it!  Eyebrows a mess?  Check out my tip for DIY eyebrow wax...I swear by it!

What is your go-to DIY beauty treatment?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS