Being Cheap is Easy: It's Spring! 5 Ways to Freshen Up Your Life!

It's Spring! 5 Ways to Freshen Up Your Life!

March 24, 2014

DISCLOSURE: I am a member of the Collective Bias®  Social Fabric® Community.  This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for Collective Bias and its advertiser. This post is not a health care professional's opinion. All opinions are my own.
#CollectiveBias #NaturalProbiotic

It's finally spring!  Yes, there's still snow on the ground here in Michigan, but everyone seems to have a little glimmer of hope that the cold weather is almost through.

Nicer weather is a perfect time to dust off your life and start with some fresh new habits.  I know I need to get back on track!  Here are some suggestions!

I always hear people staying they hate water.   Once you start drinking more, I think your body will start loving it...and the benefits are more than worth it!  Your skin will start glowing and your system with keep running...if you know what I mean!  One way to make water tastier is to make iced tea.  You can also add fruits, veggies or herbs to infuse your drinks...it adds so much flavor!  My favorite combo is strawberry, cucumber, mint and lemon.  I just throw it all in a pitcher and refill it as the day goes on, changing out the infusers daily.

Last summer I got this TakeYa pitcher at Costco and it's ah-mazing.  It's leak proof and you can make flash chilled tea.  If you happen to see one of these somewhere, grab it! Favorite purchase from last summer for sure!

Last week I headed to Costco to check out a new probiotic available by InSync (not to be confused with Nsync...although I do sing while taking my pill because I'm a nerd).  The price there was only $26.99 which is MUCH lower than I saw at Meijer, especially for a 3 month supply!  Yet another reason to love Costco: cheap health products! I also got some vitamins and ibuprofen with this month's coupon deal.

Taking a probiotic ensures that your body has enough beneficial bacteria for digestive system balance.  When everything is balanced, you will feel healthy on the outside!  Taking my Insync Probiotic has become a part of my morning routine.  I'm trying to take better care of myself!  Plus, with allergy season coming up (ugh!), I want my insides to be healthy.

Have you checked out the app/website MyFitnessPal yet? You can log your activity and meals to stay on track.  I really have found it helps hold me accountable.  Plus you see just how healthy (or unhealthy!) your meals are...its an eyeopener! I use my Fitbit to try to get 10K steps a day, which will be much easier when the weather warms up.  I would like to try to do one evening walk with the dog and girls.


I hate spring cleaning, but I love how everything is organized and sparkling after!  Spring is the perfect time to wash all of the curtains, dust off those high places and donate anything not being used.    If you have clothes, I highly recommend checking out Twice to sell back your clothes.  You can also list items on Freecycle or Craigslist.  I cannot wait to tackle the basement!  Anyone need a futon?


During the winter, it's easy to park in front of the TV at night and binge watch your Netflix queue (*cough* Scandal!).  Try shutting off all screens at 10 and picking up a book.  It really is a great way to unwind at night.  This one is the hardest for me!  I have been catching up with my news (okay, E News) online instead of sitting through an hour long show.  The girls have the timer set on the Kindle, so once they hit 15 minutes, it's time up!

What simple steps do you take for better health?



1 comment:

Unknown said...

These are great tips for getting and staying healthy this Spring! #client

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS