Being Cheap is Easy: Save money: grow your own herbs!

Save money: grow your own herbs!

June 28, 2012

We planted our garden 3 weeks ago and I could not be more excited!  It has been so dry lately, I was getting worried my black gardening thumb would come back to haunt us.   But alas, we have a great, plentiful garden coming up.  I cannot wait for veggies to start popping up.  Olivia might be more excited than I am, she is obsessed with checking the garden everyday.

My best tip so far?  Grow your own herbs.  I don't know why this has taken me so long!  I used to get those little packets for $2.99 at the store, every time I needed herbs for a recipe.  That is such a rip off when you can buy the whole plant, in the same section (usually) for the same price.  Our plants are HUGE and we have more mint than I know what to do with.  I am glad I like mojitos!

Look how much progress our herbs made in a week!
We have chives, mint, cilantro, basil and rosemary!


Anyone else growing a garden this year?  Any tips for us? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS