Being Cheap is Easy: Garden time: round two!

Garden time: round two!

June 08, 2012

Last year, we lived in an apartment and our gardening attempts were very sad.  We had a crazy neighbor who was sabotaging our garden and a location with no sun.  No bueno!

This year, we are starting off with a fresh plan.  We have a big, sunny backyard waiting for a garden.  Also, the twins are old enough to "help" with the planting the seeds.  I really think they will enjoy helping me this summer...especially once they realize they can eat what we are growing!

We started off buying seeds from Menards.  It was a great way to get the girls excited.  They picked out what they wanted to grow and we came home with one of those big grid seed starters (I'm sure there is a real name for that...).  This was in March.  Remember that big sunny week we had?   The seeds were growing great and I was so excited.   And then the cold weather returned.  But of course, we live in Michigan.

From that point on, our seeds were dwindling and finally ended up being useless.

This counts as a workout, right? I may or may not have a glass of sangria waiting for me on our deck...


Flash forward to this week.  Ricky built a garden box and we are ready to plant.  I am very optimistic, despite the fact that none of my planted seedlings made it.  We just shelled out a few extra bucks to buy plants.  Is that cheating?

If you are a gardener, please give me any tips!  We are planting tomorrow and pretty much crossing our fingers Rambo doesn't destroy it.

Stay tuned!










No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS