Being Cheap is Easy: MYO "skinny" cocktails: Sangria

MYO "skinny" cocktails: Sangria

March 14, 2012

With this little burst of warm weather we are having, I can't help but think about fun and fruity summer drinks.  I love to sit outside and enjoy a great margarita or some sangria.  The problem I have with those fruity drinks are the calories!  It's one of those things the less you know, the better!  Some margaritas can have 800 calories or more!  YIKES!  

I have been perfecting my slim cocktails for a couple of years, but I think I have finally found the best recipes.

Try these and you won't know the difference!

Quick & Easy "Light" Sangria
Skinny Sangria, Sangria with Crystal Light, Crystal Light Cocktails, Cheap Sangria
Ingredients:
  • 1 bottle of red wine: I don't mind cheaper varieties like BareFoot, Flip Flop.  I usually get Cabernet or Pinot.
  • Crystal Light Raspberry Ice or Cranberry Ice
  • Diced fruit, any on hand. Apples, oranges or any berries are great.  Also try peaches!
  • Diet lemon lime pop. 7 Up or Sprite Zero.  Zevia is great too!
  • For an extra kick: 1 cup flavored rum or brandy
Let's make some Sangria!
  1. Chop up fruit and put in the bottom of a pitcher.
  2. Add half a packet of Crystal Light of choice.
  3. Pour bottle of wine.
  4. Let chill in fridge for hours or days!  It will be tasty no matter what.  Once you have this base started, when it gets low, add another bottle and the rest of the packet.  Repeat.  The fruit is good for up to a week.
To serve:
Fill a glass with ice.  Fill 3/4 way with Sangria.  Top with 7up and garnish with a shake of cinnamon.  To make it fancy, add a twist of citrus. 

UPDATE: Check out my How-To Video! 


Check back tomorrow for my MYO "skinny" Margarita.  

Like this recipe?  Check out my Facebook page for weekly recipe and money saving updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS