Being Cheap is Easy: Recipe: Super green smoothie!

Recipe: Super green smoothie!

March 28, 2012

New camera, still horrible foodie pics.  Obviously it's the operator!
I must admit, I am addicted to Pinterest.   Who isn't these days?  My favorite find by far is this green super smoothie.  There are a few different variations and I have made a super recipe of the best of each recipe.

I am a huge fan of coffee, but I also hate to eat breakfast.  Actually, I love breakfast, but by the time I get the girls' food ready and they are eating, Gabby needs something and yada yada, its 11:00 and I'm still hungry.  If I drink coffee, then I feel nauseous.   It's a bad cycle!  Once I started making this smoothie, it not only wakes me up like coffee, it makes me feel great until I have a chance to eat.  No joke, that is usually 2:00 during naptime. 

Don't be intimidated by the amount of spinach or the Greek yogurt.  It truly tastes like a shake. 

Ingredients
  • 3 cups (handfuls) of spinach.
    • Quick tip: I buy the huge boxes of organic spinach and freeze it in bags.  Much easier and it freezes great!
  • 2 bananas (frozen is best)
  • 1 tablespoon of peanut butter
  • 1/2 cup fat free Greek yogurt
  • 1 cup Almond Milk (vanilla flavor is best)
    • I love Silk.  Go to their Facebook page for a $1 off coupon!
  • 1 teaspoon of agave nectar (or any sugar you like...Splenda works too)
Blend it up! If it ends up really thick, add some water or more Almond milk.  For me, it took making it 2-3 times to find what I like.  Take this as a base and make it into what you like.  It's definitely a meal in itself and great for on the go!

Two biggest fans of this smoothie?  The ladies.  We even have a smoothie song. 
Don't you love the bed head?

Mmm Mmm, try it and I promise you will become a believer.  It's a great way to start your day in a nutritious way! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS