Being Cheap is Easy: Quick tip: HARO

Quick tip: HARO

October 13, 2011

Good morning!!

This post is mostly for my blogger friends, but it can be helpful for everyone who likes to share advice. 

There is a website Help a Reporter Out (HARO) which you can sign up for free updates daily.  There is a paid section, but I just stick with the free emails.  Basically, when a reporter needs help with an article or for more information, they submit queries.  A lot of the topics are looking for doctors or professionals of some sort, but there are also a lot of post looking for bloggers or parents to give advice.

Since I have joined the mailing list, I have had three people use my advice/info.  Very fun and a great way to get your name out and bring traffic to your blog!

Also, national talk shows post on there when they are looking for someone for a segment.  The inner star wannabe in me loves these posts...you never know, you might be on TV from this!

Have you ever heard of this website? Any luck getting something published?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS