Being Cheap is Easy: Christmas idea: MYO family books

Christmas idea: MYO family books

October 31, 2011

Roadkill Rescue
First of all, I know it is only Halloween, but Christmas is sneaking up on us so fast!  I love making gifts and being creative (and saving money, obviously), so if I see something amazing, I promise to let you know!

I have a new obsession with this website Roadkill Rescue where crafty people share what they do with random furniture and other items they find being thrown away.  They also just share crafty ideas to re-purpose items.  Did you think I meant actual roadkill?  The website is super organized and you will find many great ideas! 

This website has definitely gotten my crafty and decorative wheels turning.  I have been watching my local freecycle like a hawk for items lately.  My first project is going to be this for our bedroom.  Hopefully....I need to find a door first!

Today, my inbox had this great idea for making your own family books for kids out of old board books.  Here is the link to Utah County Mom's amazing post.

What do you think?

Pin It

1 comment:

Mrs. Weber said...

Love that headboard idea! So cute. And I totally pinned the idea to make board books...looks like a great idea for Christmas :)

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS