Being Cheap is Easy: MYO Tortilla Chips!

MYO Tortilla Chips!

October 21, 2011

 
Note: Watch these super close, they burn!  (see those few toasty ones)
After making my own tortilla chips, I seriously doubt I will buy them again, unless I'm in a time crunch.  Baked chips are SO good and much healthier than their fried alternatives.  Here are the easy steps.

  1. Buy corn tortillas.  Super cheap, you can usually get 16-20 for less than $1.50
  2. Preheat oven to 425
  3. Cut each tortilla into 6 chips (cut in half, then 3 out of each half)
  4. Place a cooling rack on top of a cookie sheet, then add a single layer of chips
    • This technique helps them get crispy on both sides, no flipping needed!  
  5. Spray with Pam and a sprinkle of salt
  6. Bake 5-8 minutes.  Watch closely!
  7. Tada!  You have crispy chips.  Store in a ziploc bag for 1-2 days.
I'm known for my turkey nachos.  I would say they are 100% better with these chips!
Try them!  I'm sure if you ask nicely, I can share my nacho recipe!

If you are tailgating this weekend (Go Bucky!), make my guac too...here's the recipe

4 comments:

Lauren Packowski said...

Yum! I am going to try this! Share the nachos recipe ash!

Mrs. Weber said...

Oooh! You are so savvy in the kitchen! Those look so flippin' simple and delish!

Unknown said...

Lol, Im glad the Laurens like the chip recipe!

My nachos are super easy. Ground Turkey (1 package), 1/2 cup onions, jalapeno or green chiles and taco seasoning. Saute everything together and add taco seasoning at the end. I dont drain the meat, since it barely has any grease. Add about 1/2 water, more or less.

I top with cheddar or mexican cheese, lettuce, olives and whatever you like. Guac is always good too!

Unknown said...

PS- people never know it's turkey. If you have people that might be picky about it, don't say anything.

Also, refried beans/black beans added are amazing too!

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS