Being Cheap is Easy: Door to Door Organics: Week One {UnBoxing Video} #JoyDelivered

Door to Door Organics: Week One {UnBoxing Video} #JoyDelivered

May 12, 2015

Disclaimer: I have partnered with Door to Door organics for a review.  All opinions are my own and I promise to give my honest opinion.
Door to Door Organics, Michigan, local shopping, budget shopping, organic shopping

This month, we are trying out Door to Door Organics.  If you're unfamiliar, they deliver organic food (fresh produce, dairy and more!) right to your front door.  I was first on board for the convenience...plus we love to try out new foods!

I know a lot of people are interested in these deliveries, but aren't sure if it can fit in their budget. This month is a somewhat of an experiment to see if it fits in OUR budget and I'm set to give you honest feedback!


We picked the small mixed box--which means we get fruits AND veggies.  Yes, we are a family of 5, but I wanted to experiment with the shipments a bit. I figured the amount of food in the small box would be perfect.  I also chose bi-weekly shipments since we are quite busy this month.

Our deliveries will be on Monday and the Friday before, you get the master list of what will be in your box.  This is very helpful if you like to plan out your meals.  You can add groceries from their store at this point, also.  I added milk for the girls, tortilla chips and a few other small goodies.  If there's something on you're produce list that you dislike, you can make swaps.  (When you set up your account, you can add items you like/dislike also.)

Since I'm planning on using these boxes as PART of our grocery budget, I know what I need to pick up from the store.  For our weekly food budget, I have been aiming at $75-$100.  Grocery prices have gone up SO MUCH, don't you think?!  Our Door to Door was $50, so I have $25-50 to work with for the rest of what we need.  It is actually a ton of extra money--I just needed chicken and cheese, so I had money to spare!

Thoughts: I will admit, being a bargain shopper, it was hard to not use coupons.  Some of the prices were higher than expected. That being said, I barely went to the store last week! Keeping me out of the store is worth the extra few bucks spent at Door to Door.  I don't quite stick to my list while shopping--I love love LOVE to browse! Also, since our meals were pretty planned out, we used up every fruit and veggie--less "What am I making for dinner?" debate.  This will be awesome once t-ball starts and our schedule gets busy!  We stayed under our food budget for the week, too!

Our next box comes next Monday, so stay tuned for another update and video!
Door to Door organics, organic shoppings, box services, local, Michigan, Grand Rapids

Interested in Door to Door Organics?  Here's a $10 off code: MIBLOGGER

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS