Being Cheap is Easy: Smoothie time! Very berry mango

Smoothie time! Very berry mango

July 28, 2012

When I first heard of the Magic Bullet, it was when I was pregnant with the twins.  I would be up at odd hours of the night with heartburn, a desire to eat the entire freezer or a baby (or two) kicking my bladder.  Basically, I turned into a night owl.  I became obsessed with infomercials since there is nothing else on at 3 am.  The Magic Bullet was my favorite.  I'm pretty sure the same commercial is still on 3 years later.  I always wanted one, but figured since I have a blender, it was pointless.

January 2009- I was VERY ready for the twins to be born!  They finally had to induce me in February!


Flash forward to last week, I finally received a Magic Bullet as part of a gift bag.  Since then, I cannot believe I have lived without one.  The Magic Bullet chops, blends and mixes everything!  I absolutely love that there are so many different attachment cups so that I can do all my chopping jobs at once.  I'm pretty obsessed here!

Best part?  It makes smoothies.  It comes with 4 mugs, so everyone in the family can have one.  Well, Gabby takes sips of mine.  We each like different ingredients in our smoothies, so we can mix them all up quickly and still have our favorites.

The girls love to help me add fruit to their cups and pour the milk.  It's a great way to teach them how to measure and whatnot.

We have many favorite combos, but here is our top one right now!  It has been named Very Berry Mango.  It is pretty, pretty, pretty good. (Like my Curb Your Enthusiasm reference?).


Here's what you need.  This is portioned for one Magic Bullet cup.  Multiply for a regular blender!

  • 1/3 cup yogurt.  I adore Stonyfield Banilla.  Here's a coupon to try it.
  • 1/2 banana, frozen or fresh
  • 1/3 cup blueberries
  • 1-2 whole strawberries
  • 3-5 raspberries
  • 1/3 cup mango, frozen or fresh
  • 1/3 vanilla almond milk
  • 1 tablespoon flax (not needed, but I like to add extra fiber where I can!)
  • 2 ice cubes
Mix it up!  

You might need to add a bit more milk or a splash of water to get it going. 

I don't know how those little bellies drink those big cups!

 Want to win your OWN Magic Bullet?  Enter my giveaway here, by 7/31.


2 comments:

Guest said...

The girls look like they are enjoying the smoothies ;]

Unknown said...

Haha, that's the "don't mess with me, I'm eating" face. My girls are serious about their food!

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS