Being Cheap is Easy: Dont forget about Upromise!

Dont forget about Upromise!

October 27, 2010

Even if you don't have children at home, I would recommend signing up for Upromise.  I have been a member for years and I'm finally learning how to add up money on my account.  At first, it seemed I was earning a few cents every month and it wasn't worth it.  In the past year or so they have really improved their program by adding e-coupons, restaurant discounts and online shopping.

How it works:
  1. Link your store cards and credit/debit cards to your Upromise account.  Once a qualifying purchase is made, the money is added to your account.  There is a list of stores in your area on the website, but a few big ones are Meijer, Copps/Pick n Save and Kroger.  Everything is super secure, I never have any worries about putting my debit card numbers on the website.
  2. You can add as many cards as you want to your account, even invite parents or grandparents to your account too.  
  3. E-coupons are added each month and you have to load them up to your account.  Although the coupon is not taken off of your order right away, they are added to your Upromise.  This is good because you get the amount no matter what you pay for the item.  Most have coupons you can use when purchasing.  I find most items listed go on sale at some point during the month and I can get items for almost free, then get money back for them.
  4. Restaurant rewards are available for designated spots in your area.  Although there is not a huge selection, you can get up to 20% back from your dining out.  I usually don't even know when I've eaten at a restaurant with rewards, its always a nice surprise.
  5. The online shopping area is a lot like Ebates or other websites like that where you get a percentage back of what you  buy online.  I usually search all of the websites and use the one with the highest percentage back.
Upromise is a super easy way to get a couple of extra dollars.  Although it is made for educational purposes, you can designate the money for something else if you want.  A friend of mine collects as much as she can throughout the year to cash out for Christmas shopping.

Check out the website and start saving!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS