Being Cheap is Easy: Just a thought- fix before you buy

Just a thought- fix before you buy

October 21, 2010

Since we moved over a month ago, our vacuum hasn't been working.  I figured it was from all of the cleaning before me moved and it being shuffled around the moving truck.  With two toddlers, using a handvac was not going to cut it!  I tried everything: cleaning the filters, checking the belt, etc.  Nothing seemed to be working, so I decided to start researching new vacuums on Amazon.  Then, I went to the Bissell website and started troubleshooting.  From their message boards, I was able to find some areas to check and I actually fixed it.  I know this may sound stupid or common sense, but taking the extra few minutes to actually research the problem saved us $50-70 at least!

Everyone is so quick to run out and buy a replacement the minute something goes wrong... I know we are!  If you stop and try to fix what is broken, you could be lucky like us and actually fix it!  There are so many resources online (or even just do a Swagbucks search) that may help you!

Just a thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS