Being Cheap is Easy: Selling your junk online

Selling your junk online

October 16, 2010

Last week I was going through our endless clutter and I decided it was time to start selling stuff.  I tend to keep everything and I am starting to realize that its so pointless to keep clutter.  I have sold from many websites: Ebay, Amazon and Craigslist and they all have their pros and cons.  Here's my quick breakdown.  You many want to take a look around your home and think "do I need this?".  It is amazing what people will buy! Some sales are confusing, you have to try each website to learn how the ropes work. 

Amazon
Great for books, CDs and DVDs (especially seasons)
Pros
  •  They pay for shipping
  • Guaranteed to sell at your asking price
Cons
  •  Some items have low asking prices
  • You never know when an item will sell, or even if it will sell
  • Not all items you want to sell are listed
Ebay 
Great for clothes, electronics and "hot" items like new toys
Pros
  • You can get high prices
  • You can set quick sales or Buy it Now prices
  • Shipping is included
Cons
  • Some auctions can end up at low selling prices
  • You have to pay to list items, unless there is a special offer
  • It is hard to get bids sometimes
Craigslist
 Pros
  •  Local! 
  • You can ask what the item is actually worth
  • You can get cash and most sales are quick
Cons
  • Unreliable offers: some people flake out on buying items
  • Spam emails
  • You may not get interest in your offers
I am by no means an expert at online selling, but I do have some tips and advice if you need it.  Just shoot me a message or email and I will try to answer any questions you have!  I also always welcome some tips for myself! 

Xoxo!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Share your thoughts!

     
    FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS