Being Cheap is Easy: Back-to-School Snack Time: Quick and Easy After School Snacks!

Back-to-School Snack Time: Quick and Easy After School Snacks!

August 25, 2014

Disclaimer: This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CollectiveBias


My girls love to graze all day long, so I'm worried they are going to be STARVING by the time they get home from kindergarten.  Remember how important the after school snack was when you were little?  The best would be if you got fresh cookies or a tasty oven treat like Bagel Bites.  I'm going to need to have a snack ready for when we get back from our walk home.  It will have to be filling enough to hold them over for dinner, but not too big to spoil their dinner. I have a feeling we will be having some early nights after the first few exhausting days of school.

We have ONE WEEK until the girls start kindergarten.  I am a ball of emotions!  On one hand I cannot wait for them to have school-- they are getting pretty bored at home!  There are only so many activities you can do that seem fresh by this point of the summer.  On the other hand, I cannot believe my twins are already this old! I'm so fortunate that the school is within walking distance and we will have a fun new routine every day.

Things are quite different for kindergarten these days.  I'm kind of shocked by it!  They go full days (8:55-3:55 with ONE recess) and the principal tagged kindergarten as "the new 1st/2nd grade".  This will be quite an eye opener! All I remember about kindergarten is coloring and making friends.  That's about it!
Check out my super cool laser background!


Since today was rainy and gloomy, we headed out to Walmart to pick up some lunchbox and after-school treats.  As you can see in the pics, they are SO ready for school.  Non-stop arguing and whining. For the first few weeks, I thought I would let them have special snacks they don't always have: Bagel Bites and Delimex Chicken taquitos. We are huge dippers, so we like to put all of the snacks on a platter with 3-4 dippers: ranch, guacamole, salsa and queso. Quick and easy! We can sit and dip our snacks and catch up on the day.  I know Olivia and Maddie will have SO many stories to tell!

Before you head out to the store, make sure print off some coupons!  There is one for the Bagel Bites and any Delimex product-we love the beef taquitos too. I love that Bagel Bites use real cheese and homemade sauce--they are something I feel comfortable giving my girls. #AfterSchoolSnacks

First day of preschool last year!  Stay tuned for the kindergarten one!
As this week before school flies by, I keep telling myself to stop and cherish every moment with my girls.  After they start kindergarten, nothing is the same!  No longer will we have lazy Tuesday mornings in bed watching PBS or mid-morning trips to the library for fun story hour.  Gabby will have me all to herself and this should be interesting.  She is 3 and has started to get that diva, larger than life attitude.  I can't imagine what my full, undivided attention will bring! Watch out!

What was your favorite after-school snack?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS