Being Cheap is Easy: Mmmm Mondays: Buffalo Ranch Mac n' Cheese {New Kraft Dressing Recipe!} #FoodDeservesDelicious

Mmmm Mondays: Buffalo Ranch Mac n' Cheese {New Kraft Dressing Recipe!} #FoodDeservesDelicious

August 04, 2014


Disclaimer: This post has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CollectiveBias
I cannot get enough of spicy food lately.  Actually, it started right around the time I was pregnant with Gabby.  I wanted super spicy salsa and hot sauce on everything.  I even was craving hot wings, which I normally cannot stand (chicken on bones creeps me out!). I love coming up with new recipes using dipping sauces or a spicy dip recipe. 

Macaroni and cheese is normally a winter comfort food, but I think it's tasty anytime!  Making it homemade is almost as fast as the big blue box--I make my cheese sauce while the noodles are boiling.  When you make your own sauce, you know exactly what's in it and you can play around with flavors.  I usually add hot sauce to my bowl plain macaroni and cheese, since the girls don't like super spicy food (duh!). 

Kraft's new and improved pourables have more flavor than ever before! The Classic Ranch is now creamier, with more buttermilk and savory herbs. We always have a large stock of Kraft dressings in our pantry for easy meals.  They're always on sale and have amazing flavor--perfect for marinades, sauces and experimentation.  Buffalo Ranch is a perfect combo for a cheesy sauce.  Instead of milk, I used the classic Ranch dressing for a burst of flavor. 

I was gone in Texas this past weekend for a conference, so I figured I would treat Ricky to a tasty meal when I got home.  After picking me up from the airport, we headed straight to Walmart for groceries.  You know how it is when Mama is gone: there's no healthy food to eat (meals are always questionable--I've stopped asking what they eat when I'm gone).  We needed all of the basics.

#FoodDeservesDelicious
Here's what you need:
  • 3.5 cups cooked elbow noodles (3/4 box)
  • 1 large jalapeno, sliced thinly
  • 2 Tbl Butter
  • 2 Tbl Flour
  • 1 Cup Kraft Classic Ranch Dressing
  • 1.5 cups Chicken Stock
  • 1.5 Cup Colby Jack Cheese, plus 1/2 cup for topping
  • 2 Tbl Franks Buffalo Sauce
  • 1/2 cup Panko Bread Crumbs
#FoodDeservesDelicious #Shop
 Let's Cook!
  • Preheat oven to 375
  • Cook elbow noodles to al dente (about 5-6 minutes TOPS)
  • In a large pan, sautee jalapeno in butter until soft
  • Slowly add flour and brown for 1 minute
  • Whisk in ranch and stir until mixed together, then slowly add chicken stock.  Finally add Franks.  Stir until mixed well.
  • Add 1 cup of cheese and allow to melt
  • Add more or less hot sauce, to taste. This should be pretty spicy! 
  • Once cheese is melted, slowly add in elbow noodles
  • You can be done at this point, but for an extra crunch we like to bake ours with extra cheese
  • Spray baking dish with Pam, then pour macaroni and cheese into it.  Top with cheese and panko
  • Bake for 12-15 minutes, until brown
This would be a great meal to make on the weekend for a busy weeknight.  You could put it in the baking dish and then top with cheese and panko before you bake it.   Also, grilled chicken would be AMAZING with this.  One time I made this with poblano peppers, which added a spicy kick.

To find more tasty recipes using Kraft pourable dressing, follow other #CollectiveBias bloggers with the #FoodDeservesDelicious hashtag on Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest! 

What's your favorite dish to make with Kraft Dressing? I love to experiment beyond salads and marinades!
#FoodDeservesDelicious #Shop

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

What a fantastic idea! My kids love Mac 'n Cheese -I'll need to try making our own with Kraft Ranch! Thanks! #client

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS