Being Cheap is Easy: New Book Alert: Stewie Boomstein Starts School

New Book Alert: Stewie Boomstein Starts School

August 05, 2014


http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0988375494/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=0988375494&linkCode=as2&tag=bein09-20&linkId=WTYBAS6SEPA5O6B5
Reading has been huge this summer.  The girls are picking up new words every day and will start reading BY THEMSELVES soon.  It makes me happy and sad at the same time!  My how time flies!!

We have been checking out books left and right at the library--it's so nice that it's just a short walk away for us.

Since kindergarten starts in less than a month, it's time to start preparing the girls.  We are slowly buying clothes, but mostly it's been talk about what to expect.  The twins are super excited and we are happy with our decision to keep them in the same classroom.  It was such a hard decision!

Stewie Boomstein Starts School is a new book  by Christine Bronstein.  What I really like about the book is it goes through the emotional side of starting school.  Stewie was nervous to start school and once he got there, he became upset because he didn't know what was happening next.

We have pretty regular schedule in our house and I can see one of my twins getting upset about the same thing as Stewie.   It's really important to talk everything over with your child!  The book is very cute and in the end, his family helps him make a photo map that he can carry with him to see what will be happening next during the day.  Such a great idea!

In the back of the book, there are quite a few tips for parents to help prepare for starting school.  My favorite tip was: ask your teacher what the schedule is.  It's good information for everyone!  I can know what their routine will be and the twins can know what to expect.  Win win!

There is a school readiness email list you can sign up for with weekly tips. In my opinion, you can never be over prepared!  I know that every child will react to school differently, I'm happy the twins have each other to go through this milestone.  Gabby is happy to have Mama to herself!

I recommend you check out this book, which is available on Amazon (of course!).  Stewie is also on Facebook

Any of you have any starting school tips for me? I'm all ears!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS