Being Cheap is Easy: Mmmm Monday: Loaded Bacon Idaho Nachos #PackedWithSavings

Mmmm Monday: Loaded Bacon Idaho Nachos #PackedWithSavings

August 18, 2014

Disclosure: This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc and its advertiser. All opinions and tasty recipes are my own. #PackedWithSavings #CollectiveBias

Did you know that you can find printable coupons on the Walmart.com website?  Right now I have been printing online coupons up a storm now that we're getting ready for back-to-school chaos! I want a stocked pantry and freezer for those upcoming busy nights.  There are 20 Kraft coupons to help you stock up on all of your favorites!

 
There is something about bacon and cheese that I can't resist. After a long weekend working, I came home yesterday and all I wanted was some comfort food.  In my opinion, comfort food at home is A-OK since you know what's going in it.  Better-for-you takeout, right?! 

While I love any nacho I can get my hands on, I like to switch it up too!  These Idaho nachos use thinly sliced potatoes which you can bake or flash fry.  Topped with crispy bacon and cheese, these are the ultimate comfort food.  The icing on the cake is my specialty dip--a creamy, spiced ranch dip.  Once you make this dip, you will NEVER go back to store bought french onion dip again.  It's THAT GOOD.

We have a new Walmart that opened up last week right by our house.  It's going to be so convenient--I think Olivia might be more excited than I am! The girls love to help me shop, so I handed them their list and some coupons to use (brave, I know!).  Olivia helped me with the cheese, Maddie helped me with Jell-O and other snacks we needed.  Although it takes me MUCH longer to shop with the girls, even with Ricky tagging along, I love the family time we spend at the store.  My ladies love food!


Here's what you need:
  • 3-4 large potatoes, washed and thinly sliced
  • Bacon, cooked and chopped. We love the new nitrate free Oscar Mayer Selects
  • Kraft shredded cheese
  • For the dip:
    • 1 cup whipped cream cheese (entire container)
    • 1/2 cup Kraft Ranch
    • 1/4 teaspoon each of: garlic powder, onion powder, curry powder, paprika and parsley
    • 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
  • Additional tasty toppings: green onion, tomatoes/salsa, jalapenos, BBQ chicken, pulled pork...whatever your heart desires!
  1.  Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
  2. Cook the potatoes.  You can bake them for 8-10 minutes at 400* or flash fry in shallow oil in a pan over medium heat.  They should be cooked through, but not super brown.
  3. Lay the potatoes in a single layer on a lined cookie sheet.  Top with cheese and bacon. Cook for 5-7 minutes, until cheese is melted.
  4. While the potatoes are cooking, make up the ranch dip by simply combining all spices and ingredients.  This will make extra, perfect for dipping chips later!
  5. Once the nachos are out of the oven, top with your favorite toppings and dip in the cool ranch dip!




If you're going to watch football at a friend's house on a Sunday, these are the perfect nachos to bring to wow the crowd.  You can pre-cook the potatoes and throw them in the fridge.  Another idea would be to simply cook the nachos with cheese and have a toppings bar for people to add their own favorites.  Also, you MUST HAVE is the dip!



What's your favorite comfort food?

1 comment:

Momma Told Me said...

I love potato skins, and these are vary similar, but a little more game day friendly. Thanks for the great recipe idea! #Client

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS