Being Cheap is Easy: You Gotta Try This #StonyfieldGreek {Super Fruity Banana Bread Recipe!}

You Gotta Try This #StonyfieldGreek {Super Fruity Banana Bread Recipe!}

January 27, 2014

#Stonyfield

Disclaimer: I am a part of the Stonyfield YoGetter Team.  I was provided yogurt to review.  All opinions (and tasty banana bread recipe!) are my own!

Last week, I came home to a HUGE box of Stonyfield Greek yogurt on my doorstep.  Although I was excited, I think Gabby was even more so.  I'm all about sharing, but the new flavor Cafe Latte was ALL MINE.  The twins love cherry, so I let them try out the new Black Cherry flavor.  Both are super tasty! I ate my Cafe Latte with some mini chocolate chips as a mid-morning snack. 

You've gotta try these new flavors! Aside from the two newbies, they have also enhanced the fan favorite flavors: strawberry, super fruit and blueberry. 

We are trying to be a little greener this year.  Our budget doesn't allow us to buy all organic/GMO free, but we do what we can.  What I love about Stonyfield yogurt is there are always sales AND coupons...it makes this tasty yogurt affordable!  I like Greek yogurt for breakfast and the girls prefer the regular tubs of yogurt, especially the French Vanilla or Banilla flavors.

You know what else is great to do with Greek yogurt? Make banana bread!  I altered my go-to recipe a bit to try out some coconut oil I have been experimenting with.  (I'm totally loving it so far...from stir fry to baking, it's been amazing!)

For this variety of banana bread, the twins wanted to use the Super Fruit Greek flavor in it.  It gives it a subtle berry flavor...the girls said it gave them "Super Girl powers".  I also used coconut oil and pumpkin instead of butter to lighten it up.  This recipe is very versatile, you can add whatever flavor Greek Yogurt you want.  The Black Cherry would be ah-mazing with some mini chips!

Here's what you need:
  •  1 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
  • 1/4 cup coconut oil
  • 2 eggs (or 1/2 cup Egg Beaters)
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1.5 cups flour
  • 1/2 cup oatmeal
  • 1/4 cup flax seed (optional)
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1 (6 oz) Stonyfield Super Fruit Greek yogurt cup
  • 2-3 brown bananas, sliced or mashed
  • Optional: raw sugar to sprinkle on top before baking
Let's Bake!
  1.  Preheat the oven to 350.
  2. In a mixer, combine sugar, pumpkin and coconut oil. Add eggs, one at a time, then vanilla.
  3. In a small bowl (I use an old quart yogurt container!), add flour, oatmeal, flax, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Stir together and slowly add to wet ingredients. 
  4. Add yogurt and bananas.  Mix together for about 1 minute.
  5. Pour into 1 bread pan or 4 mini loaf pans.  Bake for 45-60 minutes.  It depends on your oven! For a crunchy top, sprinkle with raw sugar before baking!
Super Fruity Banana Bread

What's your go-to yogurt flavor? Do you enjoy Greek or plain?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS