Being Cheap is Easy: Mmmm Monday: Pizza-dillas

Mmmm Monday: Pizza-dillas

January 23, 2012

This recipe is a new creation in our household over the past week.  It was actually Olivia who came up with it (sort of...) when she wanted a pizza and a quesadilla.  I am sure this has been done before, but it's a new idea to us!

I love having quick and easy meals for the girls that are actually healthy as well.  This takes about 5 minutes to make!  Serve with a side of fruits or veggies and you are all set!

Ingredients
  • Whole Wheat Pita
  • Pizza sauce
  • Mozzarella cheese
  • Your favorite pizza toppings
Step One: Slice the pita in half.  It can be a pain, it doesn't have to be perfect!
Step Two: Add sauce, favorite toppings and cheese.  This is a fun way to have the kids help in the kitchen too!
Step Three: Throw it on the Foreman grill.  I spray the top with Pam for extra crunch. 
Step Four: Voila!  It's done and ready to eat.  I just cut mine with some kitchen sheers.


I am thinking of making actual quesadillas with this method as well.  I love the crunch that you get with the pita. 

What is your go-to kids meal? 

5 comments:

Mrs. Weber said...

We don't have a Foreman grill, but I love making these on the grill during summer. So delish and simple - my kinda meal!

Alicia said...

Im gonna try this tonight, i dont feel like cooking. ;o)

Unknown said...

Did you try them?! We make them at least twice a week.

Mandy Knight said...

mmmm, these sound like a great option for an evening snack while watching a movie!

Unknown said...

So true! I love they are so quick and everyone can pick their favorite toppings!

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS