Being Cheap is Easy: Recipe: Healthier Guac!

Recipe: Healthier Guac!

October 20, 2010

When I first came across the recipe for guacamole with peas, I wasn't sure.  I am not the biggest fan of peas after making gallons of pea puree for the girls when they were babies.  Since I found the recipe a few months ago, I have tried many different variations of ingredients- a lot of recipes called for Greek yogurt or cucumbers, which I thought did not work.  Here is my special recipe.  You are lucky I like you!  Best thing is, you don't have to tell anyone peas are in it!

Ashleigh's Guac (I need a fun name, help!)

Ingredients: Play around with what you like, though!
  • 2 Avocados
  • 1.5 cups of cooked peas
  • 1 tomato (2-3 Roma tomatoes), seeded
  • 1/4 cup of red onion
  • Small handful of cilantro (if you are like my friend Cori who hates this, omit or try parsley or chives)
  • 1 lime or lemon
  • 1 jalapeno, seeded (if you don't like spicy, you can omit or use green/red peppers)
  • S & P to taste
  • Dash of garlic powder
  • Mrs Dash's Fiesta Lime seasoning- a dash to taste (this seasoning is amazing for Mexican cooking)
Instructions (not quite necessary, since it's so easy)
  1. Throw everything in a blender or food processor except the seasonings.
  2. Once blended, add spices and a dash of hot sauce if you like it spicy
  3. Squeeze lemon or lime juice and stir.  Refrigerate for 15-30 minutes to chill.
 Yum!  I promise you will like this.  You can tell it is different, but there is no pea taste at all!

Serve with chips or add to a salad or wrap.  I love guac with steak salads!

Xoxo!

1 comment:

ejc126 said...

"Mock Guac",,,, but it's not really mock since there is avocado.....still, might work!!!

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS