Being Cheap is Easy: Fun Dips: Faux Cookie Dough

Fun Dips: Faux Cookie Dough

September 23, 2014


healthy snacks, cookie dough, chick peas, kid snacks
I have a major cookie dough addiction.  I know, I know...you're not supposed to eat raw eggs.  But I cannot resist dipping a spoon in any type of batter while baking.

When I came across this recipe in Family Fun magazine last April, I was hesitant.  Chickpeas? Oatmeal? That will NOT taste like cookie dough!  But I'm all about beans, I had to test this out with the girls. Let me tell you this: the girls LOVED this dip.  They think Mama has gone crazy and is letting them have an indulgent treat.  Little do they know, this is a HEALTHY cookie dough. Ha! #MomWin!

Here's what you need:
  • 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained (also labeled Garbanzo beans)
  • 6 tablespoons brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup natural peanut butter (or your favorite PB alternative)
  • 3 tablespoons old fashioned oats
  • 1 tablespoon milk
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon baking soda 
  • 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
  • Dippers: apples, pretzels, fingers (hehe)
  1. In a mini chopper, mix together all ingredients except mini chips.
  2. Blend until smooth. Taste and add extra vanilla, if necessary. 
  3. Fold in mini chips.  Refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving. 
kid food, healthy snacks, cookie dough, chocolate chips, chickpeas, dips

Who's ready to try this? Have I gone crazy? Since it's apple season, might as well try this with your next snack! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS