Being Cheap is Easy: Labels for Education: A Quick & Easy Way to Help!

Labels for Education: A Quick & Easy Way to Help!

September 09, 2014

Disclaimer: This shop has been compensated by #CollectiveBias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.

Now that school has started, I want to do as much as I can to help!  I know once the school year starts rolling along, it can be difficult to find time to help or volunteer—especially if you work full time!  My favorite way to pitch in year round is to save labels for the school.  Labels forEducation is a simple way to help out your local school.  Even if you don’t have kids in school, it would be great to save for a local one near you!  Many times, grocery stores like Meijer will have bonus points for buying a certain amount of product.  Even before the girls were in school, we would save them for friends and family members.  Right now, Campbells Labels for Education has a contest where 1000 schools will win $1000! While the labels are mostly on food items, many BIC labels have them as well!  Check out the complete list here.  There are over 2500 items!

Most teachers have a “wish list” that you can help by picking up extra classroom items. I’ve been eying the Target clearance for a week now, waiting for the 70-90% off day.  Not sure about you, but I tend to get busy and forget to keep bringing extra goods from the wish list throughout the year.  Labels for Education is a quick and easy way to help! (I am adding a reminder note to keep bringing in items now, though!)

Once Ricky said “a few labels won’t even matter!” and I had to remind him that each school has hundreds of kids who have hundreds of people that can save.  We have grandparents and other family members saving labels for us, as well!  It’s nice to designate a certain area in your kitchen for labels: a baggie on the fridge seems to work best for us!

Next week, the twins have to bring in a snack and I thought I might as well use Labels for Education products for a tasty peanut-free snack!  Our favorite show right now is Super Why! and Post AlphaBits has teamed up with them for their cereal.  I remember loving when snack time was an ooey gooey marshmallow bar, so I thought I would make it with the cereal.  Tasting batch was a HUGE hit!

Marshmallow treats, AlphaBits, Peanut Free, Labels for Education, Shopportunity

On the website, there are always Labels for Education product coupons that I like to keep an eye on.  I like to pair the coupons with a sale to stock up the pantry! With cold weather coming around, I love to have cream of chicken and tomato soup on hand for casseroles and comforting lunches.

Do you save Labels for Education?

 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a fun spin on the classic Rice Krispy Treat. I bet the kids had fun identifying the letters before they gobbled them all up. ;) We save our labels, too. I'm excited to see all those points accumulate. #client

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS