Being Cheap is Easy: Getting Jiggly With It: Halloween JELL-O Fun!

Getting Jiggly With It: Halloween JELL-O Fun!

October 18, 2013



Totally patting myself on the back for that post title...gotta love a little Will Smith reference.

Can you get the song out of your head yet?  Me either.


Now that the twins are old enough to safely be in the kitchen with me, I let them help me as much as possible.  We use kid friendly knives (I found this great plastic pizza roller which works perfectly for helping slice peppers and lettuce) and let them measure with cups and spoons.  Great learning experience too!

(I guess I should say Olivia helps me, Maddie gets bored about 2 minutes into the project and magically returns when there is a spoon to lick or a hot ooey gooey cookie to taste.)

A perfect kid friendly snack is JELL-O!  Our go-to dessert is banana pudding with Cool Whip on top. 

Since our house is fully decorated with spooky Halloween decorations, I decided it's time to make some tasty snacks.  The girls' preschool is peanut free, so JELL-O treats are perfect to bring for a treat.

We started with a simple JELL-O Halloween molds, which even I was excited about.  Something about JELL-O brings out the kid in everyone.  Obviously, the kids can't pour the boiling water, but they helped stir!  The only hard part is waiting 3 hours for them to set!

CONFESSION #1: We ended up making these after dinner, so we had JIGGLERS for breakfast the next day.  Totally got "Cool Mom" points for the day.  Whew!

Can you tell Gabby was "brushing" Maddie's hair in her salon?

Once we mastered the JIGGLERS, we were on to our next project.  We saw an awesome MMMMonster recipe on the JELL-O website that we HAD to try. 

Aren't those MMMMonsters adorable?

Since we had Orange and Lime flavors, we decided to make pumpkins.  Note for parents: this project is more for older kiddos.  The girls helped me pour the layers of JELL-O, but the pumpkins didn't quite turn out for us (toddlers don't have much patience to wait for each layer to set).  Next time, I'll make them alone.  Our plan was to make faces on them, like shown above.

CONFESSION #2: While making these in the little shot glasses, I was totally trying to figure out how to make these into adult JELL-O shots.  Hehe. 

The JELL-O website has so many cute ideas! 

I really want to try these spooky spiders!

We love Monsters Inc!
The girls' preschool party isn't for a few weeks and we have so many spooky ideas now!


What do you like to make with JELL-O?
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS