Being Cheap is Easy: NickMom Has It Goin' On! {Check out Instant Mom!}

NickMom Has It Goin' On! {Check out Instant Mom!}

October 28, 2013


By 6:30, this Mom is ready for bedtime.  I love my ladies, but they wear me out some days.  Okay, most days.  When 8:00 hits and they are in bed, I like to just veg out and relax.  Of course, by the time I clean up the dishes and catch up on my email, it's after 10:00!

One night, I was kind of spacing out, playing on my laptop after I turned on the TV (I have to do 3 things at once....drives Ricky crazy!).  It took me a few minutes to realize that the show I was enjoying was on NickMom!  Pretty clever to put awesome shows on a channel that is most likely on the TV when you turn it off!

NickMom starts at 10:00 every night, with new episodes on Sundays.  I started adding the shows to my DVR, so I could catch them whenever I wanted.  Although these shows are all #MotherFunny, I catch Ricky watching them with me too. 

My favorite new addition to NickMom is Instant Mom with Tia Mowry-Hardrict.  Stephanie (Tia) plays a new stepmother learning the ropes.  Something happens and she now has the kids full time.  Her husband works long hours as a doctor, so she is primarily home with the kids, solving the crazy problems.  (I love that she is a food blogger)  Stephanie wants to be liked by the kids, but she also learns she needs to set some rules as well.  I loved Sister, Sister growing up and now Tia & Tamera, so of course I am a fan.  This is a new kind of role for Tia and it's great to see her as a mom since she is also one in real life now.

Other great shows to catch on NickMom:
  • MFF: Mom Friends Forever is so funny.  Judi & Kate are normal, everyday moms.  Their reality show actually seems real and they crack me up.
  • Parental Discretion hosted by Stefanie Wilder-Taylor, with comedy and interviews.  They always cover great topics!
  • NickMom Night Out hosted by Sherri Shepherd features comedians.  I'm a sucker for a great stand up special...Ricky will usually watch this with me. 
NickMom is the perfect channel to veg out and watch with a glass of wine after a long day.  The shows are funny and nothing is too sugar coated....they're keeping it real! 

The other night, I had some of my friends over and I created a perfect cocktail...and it's even a skinny one!  I named it the "Mama's Had a Long Day" Punch.  Whip up a batch of these with your ladies (or hubby) and the day will seem much better!  Since my friends hadn't seen Instant Mom yet, we caught up on some episodes and gossip.  Perfect Moms-night-in: no jeans required! 

#shop
"Mama's Had a Long Day" Punch
  • 1 shot Parrot Bay passion fruit rum (or 2...)
  • 1/2 cup water.  Add Crystal Light Peach Bellini, to taste.
  • Splash of OJ
  • Splash of Sprite Zero
Pour in a cup with ice.  Put your feet up and relax!

I was thinking back at some of the crazy moments I've had with my kids and they have always kept it interesting for us!  I found a few photo gems to share.

#shop #cbias

We've had quite a few marker mishaps...no matter where you put them, kids will find them!  The photo on top is when Maddie decided to squeeze an entire bottle of bronzer in the sink and put it on her face "like Mama".  OY!

What #MotherFunny moments have happened in your house?

Be sure to check out NickMom every night at 10 and check out their uber fun website! I love the comedy sketches.

2 comments:

Lauren Weber said...

OMG...Those photos are awesome! Mom of the year I'd say :) And I have never watched Nick Mom, but the stand up part intrigues me -- I'll have to check it out!

Summer @ Banana Hammocks & Tutus said...

Oh my gosh, those photos are so hilarious! I sent my kids to bed without a bath a few nights ago. When they woke up in the morning, they had dinner all over their faces. Either they were crazy dirty when I put them to bed, or they raided the refrigerator in the middle of the night. Insanity. I also love your drink recipe! This mama had the longest day EVER yesterday, and I could have used a whole pitcher of that. Send some my way? #client

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS