Being Cheap is Easy: Lunchbox Remix with Absopure Packables

Lunchbox Remix with Absopure Packables

March 25, 2015

Disclosure: I have a partnership with Absopure water, but all opinions are my own.
Absopure, Packables, Water, Kids Lunches, Lunchbox ideas

Now that we are more than halfway through kindergarten, I feel like I'm finally getting the hang of the whole lunchbox routine with the twins.  Since they only have 20 minutes to eat, it was a bit of a battle at first! Some days I would pack too little and they would be starving by the time school was done and others I would go overboard, with food wasted.

Another issue we had was thirst.  At home, they drink tons of water and would end up being so parched by the end of the school day.  We tried sending a thermos to school, but they would misplace them (no idea how!) or end up forgotten at school.  When the flu bugs started going around, the ick factor of having a germy thermos grossed me out.  Enter: the Abspoure packable water.  Super convenient size: 6.5 oz and easy for them to open.  Every morning, we throw one bottle with their initial in their backpack and one in the lunchbox.  Hydration problem solved!

To keep lunchtime interesting, I've been trying to stray away from the most requested PB&J.  I have found wraps go over better than regular bread--it seems like they are quicker to eat.  Main staples include frozen yogurt tubes, fruit and veggies.  Olivia is a bit strange with her requests: hard boiled eggs, bread & butter pickles and she even asked for leftover salmon (I said no).  I swear she is an old soul!

Here are some inexpensive and quick ideas we've been loving this month:

Banana Sushi, Lunchbox ideas, Lunch, Bananas
Banana Sushi
Just spread PB or sunflower butter on a warm tortilla, sprinkle with honey, coconut or mini chocolate chips and wrap around a banana.  Super simple and very versatile.  Nutella is super tasty too!

Lunchbox ideas, pepperoni, pizza ideas
Pizza Bites
Maddie LOVES this, especially since she always asking for those pre-packaged lunches.  So simple to make: chopped up cheese sticks, turkey pepperoni and fiber crackers.  You can also add ham cubes, peppers, olives or sausage sticks.
Lunchbox ideas, wraps, laughing cow wedges
Cheesy Wraps
Olivia actually came up with this one a few weekends ago.  The Happy Farms wedges from Aldi make for a perfect binder for wraps! Just add your favorite meats and wrap it up!  This is also tasty with pepperoni and peppers, like a pizza wrap.

You can find the Absopure Packables at Meijer and Spartan stores here in Michigan.  I love that they are a local company!  They have a super convenient delivery system, also.  If interested, mention the code BLOGGER and get $2 off monthly deliveries AND a free 30-day trial!

What are your go-to lunchbox staples? Have you seen Absopure Packables in your grocery store?

11 comments:

melissa said...

My son is 11 and told me I'm epically failing when it comes to packing lunches. Maybe I can get back into his good graces with some of your awesome ideas!

Rachel said...

Banana sushi sounds interesting. You can some fun ideas.

Unknown said...

What cute ideas for kids lunches. I wish I had the patience to put together lunches like those!

Unknown said...

I love the cheesy wraps--- and that you handled the thirst issue with such ease! Sounds like we need to get a pack of the waters...

Mom Among Chaos said...

My daughter takes nachos and cheese every single day. I buy it in bulk at Sam's Club.

Unknown said...

Haha, gotta love the honesty of kids! My biggest issue has been remembering to stock up on lunch items while shopping!

Unknown said...

Thank you :) I will admit, I eat it quite often too :)

Unknown said...

They are pretty quick! I tend to make them in the morning while waiting for my coffee-- everyone knows not to talk to me :)

Unknown said...

They have really tasty bubbly water called Cap10 which we are loving too!

Unknown said...

Oooh, that sounds like something we should add to our list! Is it queso cheese?

GeekDad248 said...

Thanks for the sunflower butter reference in the banana sushi recipe - awesome to see someone being considerate to the peanut allergy folks when taking the time to post a recipe. Thumbs up for a great post!

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS