Being Cheap is Easy: Going Green With Your Bathroom Routine! #NaturalGoodness

Going Green With Your Bathroom Routine! #NaturalGoodness

March 29, 2015

 This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #NaturalGoodness #CollectiveBias
Tom's of Maine, Walmart, Natural Shopping, Green on a Budget, Natural Kid's Toothpaste, Toms of Maine Review

Being on a budget and "going green" can be a bit complicated.  As I've written about before: you have to learn what to focus on and how to find ways to save doing so.  I have pretty bad allergies and last year I suddenly had a horrible reaction to my deodorant.  It was completely out of the blue and I tried many different brands until the cause was found.  My doctor recommended trying Tom's of Maine and the problem was instantly fixed.  The deodorant is aluminum free and lasts through the toughest of workouts! I was so impressed!  Plus, it smells AMAZING.  At the Y the other day, someone in my kickboxing class told me I smelled like their favorite Cobbler.  Ha! From that point on, I started to really look at the ingredient lists on the products we use.  I really didn't want my kids being exposed to so many chemicals and additives!
Tom's of Maine, Natural Deodorant, Aluminum Free Deodorant, Collective Bias, Walmart, Natural Shopping on a Budget

Have you tried any Tom's of Maine products?  They are quite budget friendly and there are coupons available frequently.  On a recent trip to Walmart, we stocked up on toothpaste and deodorant. I usually fill our pantry when there's a coupon and a sale.  The Tom's of Maine product line includes toothpaste for both adults and kids, mouthwash, lip balm and deodorant, plus tons of new products rolling out soon.  Nothing has  artificial colors, flavors, fragrances, or preservatives and they never test on animals.  Another bonus: 10% of their profits are donated back!  I have found the toothpaste lasts much longer than our old brands, we seem to need less of it.  


Tom's of Maine, Natural Deodorant, Natural Toothpaste, Going Green, Collective Bias, Walmart

We have slowly started to find new and improved items for our bathroom routines. For my curls, I have found sulfite free shampoo and conditioner has really been helping with the dryness.  The girls really love the Tom's of Maine Silly Strawberry toothpaste and we know that there aren't any scary ingredients inside.  Instead of an expensive toner, I rely on Witch Hazel (found in the first aid aisle) after washing my face to make sure my pores are extra clean.

#Cbias, Ad, Tom's of Maine, Coupons, Natural Beauty, Natural toothpaste

Certain nights of the week, Ricky works at his second job and we have a Girl's Night.  We love to do facials and this mask will leave your skin glowing.  I love that it's kid-friendly!

Honey Mask, Natural Face Masks, Exfoliating Your Face, Green Beauty Routine

In other areas of the house, we have been eco-friendly for much longer.  I try to use baking soda and vinegar as much as we can.  I also found this handy Zip drain cleaner for $2 at Home Depot that really keeps the drains clear--having 4 girls in the house, it's kind of necessary!  Instead of harsher spot cleaners, Borax is always our go-to....I can get out any laundry stain with that stuff, guaranteed!

While we aren't completely a green household, we've taken huge steps in the past few years.  I have realized it CAN be done on a budget and it's fun to include the kiddos in our process.  The twins help with the compost and garden in the summer, also we are teaching them to recycle or re-use as much as we can.  Baby steps make the process much easier on the budget--plus the changes are more permanent!

How has your family "gone green"? Have you tried Tom's of Maine products yet?

2 comments:

Helicopter Mom and Just Plane Dad said...

We love Tom's of Maine. They love our Earth and our bodies. Great post and I can't wait to try out the mask.

Huppie Mama said...

That's awesome that you got a compliment at the gym while using Tom's of Maine Deodorant! #client

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS