Being Cheap is Easy: Wear a FitBit? Earn some cash! #FitFluential

Wear a FitBit? Earn some cash! #FitFluential

March 10, 2015

Fitbit, Earning Money with Fitbit, Walgreens Balance Rewards, Pact App, FitStudio Review

Who loves their FitBit?!  Mee! I got one almost two years ago and it's really help keep me active--or help me realize when I need to get movin' more!

I wear the Flex and I really love it--it tracks steps, sleep and calorie burn! Since I wear mine daily, I thought I would check out some ways to earn cash for using it!  Believe it or not, you CAN!  Here are my three favorites with some pros and cons.  You can join them all!

Keep in mind, this is a simple way to earn some extra money--it's not going to be a huge sum of money.  I like to use my points for household items, toiletries or makeup. 

Walgreens Wellness Program 

Connect your Fitbit (or other tracking device) to your Walgreens Balance Rewards card and earn 20 points per mile tracked!  You also get bonus points for connecting different apps and devices.  I also have My Fitness Pal on there.

PROS
Super easy to set up and a nice bonus if you shop frequently at Walgreens

CONS
Points don't add up very quickly--5000 points = $5



Connected to your ShopYourWay account (for Kmart and Sears).  I use this the most and I LOVE IT!!

PROS
Earn 5000 points ($5) for every 1500 calories burned OR when you walk/run 15 miles.  They add up FAST and I usually have at least $10 per week.  Great for buying items like toilet paper at Kmart. I also use them for socks, shoes, etc.  TIP: Use the Kmart website and order site to store! 

CONS
Points expire SO fast--usually 3 days. That is why I highly suggest site to store shopping online.  You get Ebates points and all you have to do is head to the service desk to get your order!  Also, you must live by a Kmart or Sears store for it to be worth it.

Pact

I've spoken about this before (I did a review for All You Magazine last spring), but I wanted to note that I still use the app a YEAR later and I love it!  Each week you make a fitness Pact and you get PAID if you reach your goals.  If you fail to reach your goals, though, you PAY THEM.

There are three categories: Gym, Food Log and Veggie.  You can do all three or pick and choose. Over the past year, I've made over $150 and only paid twice!

PROS
It truly keeps you on your toes and super motivated. No one wants to pay money!

CONS
You have to remember to use it! I will be in a rush at the gym and forget to log in BEFORE my workout, or I'll forget to snap a photo of my banana or salad when eating. It takes a while to set up a routine for using it.  

Have you tried any of these sites/apps before? Do you have one I didn't mention?  Let me know!
Fitbit Activity + Sleep Trackers + Wifi Smart Scale

7 comments:

Liz Parker said...

Ooh. Thanks! I am going to try the Sears/Kmart one.

Unknown said...

It really is worth it, in my opinion! I use the weekly $10-15 for things like toilet paper or even cute workout clothes! The website has so many cute shirts and capris for under $10!

Anonymous said...

I have tried numerous times to connect my flex but can't seem to make it work.. :(

Unknown said...

Connect your Flex to FitStudio or the Walgreens Rewards? I can try to help!

Anonymous said...

Thanks! I just started using the Walgreens one and am excited to try the others!

Anonymous said...

Thanks! I just starting using the Walgreens one recently and am excited to try the others!

Unknown said...

I hope you're enjoying it! I just cashed out some of my points today!

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS