Being Cheap is Easy: My dog is quirky {Finding the perfect treat for my crazy dog}

My dog is quirky {Finding the perfect treat for my crazy dog}

July 14, 2013

I am a member of the Collective Bias®  Social Fabric® Community.  This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias and their client.



We've had Rambo for almost two years now and he is completely a part of the family.  He's fit in since day one.  He "protects" the house and keeps an eye on the girls, especially Gabby.  Yes, he has some habits that drive me crazy, but he is a great dog!

Treats are one way we show him some love.  He also gets them to help with some of his little quirks.

Thursdays are a dreaded day in this house.  Why?  Rambo hates garbage trucks with a passion.  Not quite sure how they differ from all other trucks that pass, but he barks allll day long!  I love that we have many garbage options in this city, but all five company trucks come through the neighborhood on Thursday. To help with the barking, we give him a few extra treats to keep him happy.

When we moved into the house, the previous owner forgot to give us their ADT code for the door alarm.  Every time the door opens, it chirps.  SO annoying.  Rambo thinks so too!  It's also great because someone on Real Housewives has the same lovely chirp and he barks at the TV when he hears it too. When I know people are coming over, I make sure the treats are ready to go so he doesn't scare away our company!

The final quirk that Rambo has is that he likes to "nose through the trash" (a little Christmas Vacation reference for you...).  If I don't put the garbage in the bathroom when we leave, we come home to a lovely mess.  To help him behave and not get into the rest of the kitchen pantry area, I make sure to reward him with treats when he behaves.  It has been working!

I found my Nudges at Kroger!

There are a million treats on the market, most smell disgusting and are filled with who knows what!  I bought one brand and I couldn't feed it to Rambo.  It smelled like smoked garbage.  I'm sure he would have gobbled them up anyway, but I want to make sure he stays healthy!

Over the winter, the girls started doing chores and one was to feed Rambo every night.  Let's just say, Rambo gained a few extra pounds!  Since summer, he's getting back to his slimmer 100 pound weight thanks to plenty of walks and chasing the girls around.


Nudges are all natural chicken jerky treats for dogs.  When I first picked them up, I was afraid they would be too large for Rambo to eat.  They break easily for dogs of all sizes and Rambo has been very happy with them!  I really admire that they have created a safe, healthy dog treat without fillers for us to buy at a great price.  We will definitely be switching!

If you would like to try them, here's a coupon!
Rambo's cousin, Diamond, liked the Nudges too!

To celebrate summer, Collective Bias has issued a digital magazine which gives you some fun ideas for the season.  I especially want to try the tequila melon balls!  Nudges is a part of the magazine too!  You can check it out below.



To see more details about my shopping trip to pick up the Nudges at Kroger, check out this Google+ album !


Does your pet have any "quirks"?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS