Being Cheap is Easy: My Platinum: Cascade saves the day! [Sponsored]

My Platinum: Cascade saves the day! [Sponsored]

June 16, 2013

“I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for Cascade. I received a product sample to facilitate my review and a promotional item as a thank you for participating.”



Since we mostly cook at home, I feel like I do dishes ALL.DAY.LONG!  In reality, I do!  As much as I try to load up the dishwasher, we still end up running it at least 2 times a day.  Ugh!

Back in the day, watching Jon & Kate Plus Eight, I would get SO annoyed when she used paper plates.  Now as a Mom, I get it.  I can't imagine the dish load with a family of 10!

I love to try all brands and being a coupon user I am not generally brand loyal.  Some things you can't go cheap on, though!  Dish detergent is one! (Ketchup is the other...but that's a whole different story...).

I've tried store brands and they all left streaks or I would have to run half of the dishes again. We also had a period where we had these strange grainy things left on our dishes.  I was actually considering buying a new dishwasher after we moved into our house because nothing would come clean.  Shopping at Target one day, I found a great deal on clearance Cascade action pacs so we switched from Finish. After one load it became clear: our dishwasher worked fine, it was the detergent!  We found out that we have hard water and some detergents don’t work well with that.

Now we are brand loyal to Cascade.  I love the action pacs and it's Olivia's "job" to put it in the dishwasher.  She is obsessed with how they look and I have to remind Gabby daily that they aren’t candy.  I love that no matter who loads the dishwasher, everything comes clean.

(Ricky, I love you, but I do NOT understand how you load the dishwasher...).

Now that I’m a semi-foodie blogger, I need my dishes to look delicious.  I am so happy we chose to register for white plates last year, everything looks so tasty and the colors really pop.  Cascade Platinum has partnered with Gail Simmons from Top Chef (dont you love her?!).  She speaks about the importance of presentation, which I learned a LOT about last weekend at BlogHer Food.  People definitely also eat with their eyes!

Another perk of using Cascade?  The amazing smell when the dishes are drying.  We had the fresh scent and after the dishes ran the kitchen smelled so clean.  Also, it helps keep the inside of the dishwasher deodorized and sanitized.  Bonus! 

Right now Cascade is having a #myplatinum challenge on Instagram (@myplatinum).  You can win a Kitchen Aid makeover and a year of Cascade, as well as two weekly winners get a Whirlpool dishwasher!

(Even though I said earlier that my dishwasher works well, I wouldn’t mind a sparkling new Whirlpool one!)

Make sure to follow me on Instagram while you are checking out the #MyPlatinum challenge! 

 Are you brand loyal for certain things?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS