Being Cheap is Easy: Summertime go-to dip: Spinach & Feta

Summertime go-to dip: Spinach & Feta

May 18, 2013

I am loving this weather!  Aside from yesterday, it has been perfect weather to lounge around outside while the girls play.  I love just watching them on the patio while they march around the backyard playing various games.  It's so interesting to watch Gabby interact with them.  I cannot believe she is almost 2!  Gabby copies everyone and is talking up a storm now...she also chows on sand and dandelions.  So gross!

I've posted this dip before, but I have spruced it up a bit with some Greek yogurt.  I seriously could eat this daily with some carrots or Wheat Thins.  It's an old Weigh Watchers recipe, but no one has to know that! 

Sitting outside with some ice tea, I can munch on this dip.  The girls like it on their turkey wraps too. 

Weight Watchers Dips, Spinach Dip, Feta Dip, Healthy Dips, Spinach


Here's what you need:
  • 1/2 cup Feta cheese: I really like the Mediterranean style
  • 1/2 cup 0% Greek yogurt
  • 1/2 block of low fat cream cheese
  • 3 large handfuls of fresh spinach (I tend to use a whole small bag)
  • 4 green onions,chopped
  • Lemon juice, from half of a lemon
  • S&P to taste
This is so simple to make. 

  1. Blanch spinach quickly in boiling water (2-3 minutes) and then ring out water with a strainer.
  2. Combine everything in a chopper (or blender) and it's ready in less than 5 minutes!
What's your favorite dip to make?




4 comments:

Mrs. Weber said...

Yum! This sounds delish. I will have to make for summer parties :)

Unknown said...

I love serving it with a veggie tray and the Wheat Thins fiber thins crackers...perfect platter for a BBQ in less than 5 minutes!

Unknown said...

I like fresh spinach, but not cooked. Do you think this would work with throwing the fresh spinach in without blanching it??

Unknown said...

That is totally tasty too, I do it all of the time! Kale and spinach mix is great too!

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS