Being Cheap is Easy: Easy peasy guacamole

Easy peasy guacamole

April 22, 2012



I love avocado, especially in the warmer months.   Something about summer and guacamole outside is the perfect combo, don't you think?

I have posted a guac recipe before, but I thought it is a great time to get people read for May 5!  Or when you have a BBQ, make this and you'll be loved by everyone.   You can buy your chips, or make these quick and easy ones.  Once you start making your chips with corn tortillas at home, store bought chips will taste super salty.  My favorite tortillas are Mission Extra Thin corn, they make the best chips.

Ingredients: (double for a party!)
  • 1 ripe avocado
  • 1/2 lemon or lime (for juice)
  • Mrs. Dash's Fiesta Lime or a packet of guacamole seasoning (by taco seasonings)
  • 1 cup cooked peas 
  • 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
  • Jalapeno pepper, to taste, chopped
  • 1-2 Roma tomatoes, chopped
I know a lot of people are weary to use the peas, but it bulks up the guac and you can barely taste them.

Directions:
  1.  In a food chopper or blender, add: avocado, peas and citrus juice.  Blend until smooth.
  2. Scoop into a bowl, mix in peppers and onion.  Season and mix well.
    • You can also add 1/4 cup Greek yogurt to make a thicker dip 
  3. Top with tomato
 You know what else goes great with this dip?  My margaritas! Click here for the recipe.

Now you are ready for Cinco de Mayo!



2 comments:

liz said...

This was delicious when you made it for us. I was just telling Gus I wish I had the recipe ..thanks

Unknown said...

Thank you!! Here is the enchilada recipe too: http://www.beingcheapiseasy.com/2011/08/recipe-easy-enchiladas.html

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS