Being Cheap is Easy: Smart ones: great for Moms on the go!

Smart ones: great for Moms on the go!

November 12, 2011

 
Don't you hate when you are running around all day and realize you haven't eaten anything? It happens to me almost daily. I make sure the girls are fed and I barely have time to eat something myself! Even better, when I do actually make something the twins sit and stare like dogs at my plate. Somehow the food on my plate, although the same, is always better. Go figure!

http://www.eatyourbest.com/
While I don't usually eat too many frozen meals, I really love the Smart Ones brand. They actually have tasty dishes that are healthy too! If you have a sweet tooth, make sure you try their desserts. The cookie dough sundae is perfect!

When I got the opportunity to try the new Smart Ones Satisfying Selections, I jumped at the chance. I sometimes feel like one meal is never enough to fill me up. These meals are a larger portion, served in a steam bag. I was shocked when I looked at the nutrition facts, they are still really low in fat. Also, they were on sale and cheaper than the regular Smart Ones. After I paid, a coupon for $1.00/2 came out. Bonus!
Chicken & Broccoli Alfredo.  Mmm!

The first meal I tried was the Chicken & Broccoli Alfredo. I was surprised that there was only 4 grams of fat in the whole bag. It was very tasty and I had to try my best to keep little fingers from grabbing the "curly noodles" off of my plate. It was a little peppery, but the sauce was very creamy (as you can see in the photo) and there were large chunks of white meat chicken. 

A few days later, I tried the Chicken Teriyaki Stir Fry for dinner and I was a bit disappointed. I really wanted to try the Sesame Chicken anyway, but it was out so I grabbed this option. After pouring the bag into my bowl, I realized there were barely any veggies in it. I love broccoli and mushrooms in my stir fry, but this only had about 4 little pieces of peppers and a ton of rice. The only redeeming factors were that the sauce was good, there were big chunks of chicken and I love edamame. It would have been perfect if they added a vegetable variety to it! 

I will definately be a repeat customer of these meals, although I will stay away from the stir fry. I feel it is a great value for the price...you get a lot of food! 

Have you tried these meals yet? Here is a link for a Smart Ones coupon. I know there are some better ones in coupon inserts too!




Disclosure: This post is part of a SocialMoms product evaluation, for which I’ve been selected. I’ve been compensated for my time with 6,000 My SocialMoms Rewards Points. The opinions expressed in this post are mine and don’t necessarily reflect the opinions of SocialMoms or Heinz.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha, that actually tasted not bad. Can you update more? you can get some ides from here...
www.iamhellacheap.com

Bridget said...

I've never seen these in the steam bag. Perhaps they haven't made it to AK yet? The twinkies alway want to eat off my plate too...even when we are eating the same thing!

Unknown said...

They are still pretty new, I bet they will be your way soon! Try the meatball ziti one, it was pretty tasty!

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS