Being Cheap is Easy: How to save money without double coupons: step 2

How to save money without double coupons: step 2

November 27, 2011

Happy Sunday everyone! 

Yesterday, I shared my first tip on how to save money in an area which doesn't double coupons: shop early.

Here are more tips for you:

  • Shop sales.  This goes for any area, but especially when you have to make your money stretch further.  Once you start following the ads and what is on sale, you will be amazed at how much you can save.  Meijer, Family Fare and all of the drug stores offer early ad previews, so you can get a head start on your grocery list and menu planning.
    • If you plan your menu to the sales, as well as using your pantry more often, you can save so much money!  My best tip is to have a weekly or monthly budget.  For our family, $100 seems to work each week.  Each family is different though!
    • If you are stuck as to what to make, use an online resource like Allrecipes.  I love their ingredient search because you can find so many fun and different recipes you wouldn't have used before.  Once I find a keeper, I add it to my virtual recipe box.
    • Once you know what's on sale, flip through your coupons and find even better deals.  I use A Full Cup for this, people do all of the work for you!  Go to specific grocery store's forum and they list coupon match ups.   I also love the Target forum.
  • Do some research.  I know grocery stores in the Lansing area double coupons, so if I'm in the area visiting my parents, I might save a shopping trip for their local store.  There might be a store closer than you think!  When we were in Madison, our local Copps doubled every few weekends. 
    • Since our Kmart does double occasionally, I do always check to see if there are any great deals that week.  Usually you can get great savings on items like wipes and baby products.
Tomorrow, I will finish up this blog series with my final tips.  I hope you are learning something! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS