Being Cheap is Easy: Album Review: Mat Kearney

Album Review: Mat Kearney

August 26, 2011

Get the widget here
You may know by now that I love listening to music.  When I saw the opportunity to review this album for One2One, I jumped on it.  I've liked Mat Kearney's music for a long time and the new song "Hey Mama" has been all over the radio.  So catchy!  The twins love to shake their tushies to it. 

This album is a light, summery listen.  I put it on while making dinner one night and it was the perfect backdrop.  I can imagine putting this on during a BBQ would be great, as well.  You'll love this if you like people like Matt Nathanson or John Mayer.  His music has the feel of One Republic also.  Kearney is a storyteller with catchy lyrics and beats. 

I would love to tell you my favorite songs, but I really like all of them.  I know that isn't what you want to hear from a review, but every song is super catchy and easy to listen to.  Tracks "Count on Me" and "She Got The Honey" are always stuck in my head.  I really would like to know who he is singing about, she is one lucky lady! All together the CD flows pretty well together, aside from the final song "Rochester" which is a slower song that does not go with the rest of the album.

Overall, this is a great CD to have as a backdrop or a long car ride.  I would definitely recommend this if you love the rest of his music, it won't disappoint!  



Disclaimer: Although I was supplied the CD by One2One, all opinions are my own.  I am in the running for a $50 gift card, but I was not otherwise compensated. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS